TITLE: Project Coordinator - ROAR
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Implementation
LOCATION: Mae Sot Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1-year contract with possibility of extension
Save the Children Thailand believes that migrant and refugee children and youths aged 12 to 17 from Myanmar living in Thailand are the key to assessing vulnerabilities they face offline and online and should receive financial and technical support they need to design, pilot, test, finalize and promote their own solutions to prevent abuse and other forms of violence against children.
With ROAR (Respect Ourselves, Accentuate Resilience) Project, SC and partners will support youth-driven design thinking and youth-led campaign to 40 youth leaders to develop Youth Online Safety and Resilience solutions as well as offline peer to peer mobilization initiatives.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and management of Respect Ourselves, Accentuate Resilience (ROAR) Project, ensuring program implementation with quality and cost effectiveness. The Project Coordinator will provide support to ensure that the project can deliver high quality activities on time and meet target and objectives.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Field Coordinator/ Child Safeguarding Coordinator (work closely with Child Protection Technical Advisor)
Staff reporting to this post: 1 ROAR Project Officer
Budget Responsibilities: ROAR Project
Role Dimensions: The coordinator works with PDQ team especially Child Protection Specialist, and CSOs, Government, INGOs, UN agencies, and CRC Coalition Thailand
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the implementation and development of the technical and administrative aspects of the project. This includes overall responsibility for project implementation, policy compliances, budget and staff management
- Support project officer under line management in capacity building on key areas of their career development and professional skills development
- Oversee project expenditure and hold budget management responsibility for the project, including monitoring budget vs expenditure, ensuring that costs are allocated correctly and expenditure is happening in line with the plan
- Lead on developing and revising the project management tools on timely basis
- Deliver timely high quality internal and external reporting, including donor reports, in line with the required format and with review and input from the thematic specialists
- Ensure that project progress is effectively monitored through the regular collection and analysis of key indicators and ensure that processes and results are properly documented
- Work closely with thematic specialists to ensure quality implementation under SCI Child Safeguarding Policy and other quality benchmarks
- Ensure that lessons learnt and success stories from the project are effectively documented and shared
- Work closely with CP Technical Advisor and operational support departments (HR, Supply Chain, and Finance) to ensure that key project inputs are understood and enable efficient internal coordination
- Contribute to Save the Children’s strategic planning in the child protection sector and the design of future programming strategy and direction
- Provide inputs to the development of future funding proposals and identify opportunities for programming that may develop locally, as requested
- Coordinate with the Thematic Specialists and Child Safeguarding Coordinator to ensure timely facilitation of meetings, workshops and evaluations
- Be the point of contact for ROAR project work with the Ministry of Social Development and Human Securities and other pertinent authorities/organizations
- Work closely with the Chid Protection Specialist, Communications, Media and Campaign Coordinator on policy advocacy and public campaign
- Together with MEAL team, design and implement effective Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability mechanisms for the project
Partnership Management and Support
- Review capacity building plan for local partners and ensure timely technical support
- Support, build the capacity of and coordinate closely with local partners implementing key components of this project
- Plan and organize regular meetings with the local partners to draw lessons, share experiences and monitor progress of the project implementation, support partners to collect good practices and evidences for showcasing at national and regional platform
- Provide technical support to partners on the sub-award agreement and compliances. Make sure that the projects’ partners understand and comply with SCI standard in procurement, management and finance. Timely funding transfer to partners is to be ensured, unless circumstances ceased.
Representation and Coordination (internal and external)
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, INGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, UN agencies and government counterparts;
- Participate in coordination and technical meetings at provincial and national level;
- Other duties as directed, including support to management in the absence of Senior Field Coordinator/ Child Safeguarding Coordinator
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree on social science or relevant area
- Good understanding on child protection issues in Thailand, migrant community and refugee community with sound knowledge of international standard of child rights and child protection
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5-year experience in working in child protection programme.
- Work experience in one or more of the following issues would be an asset: child abuse, online safety, child protection system.
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within the NGO sector and/ or in an international environment.
- Experience in project design, plan and activities monitoring and timely delivery of project implementation.
- Ability to make sound judgement and prioritize multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach and offer solutions as appropriate.
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems. Competent in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of planning and organizing meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to track and monitor a budget.
- Proven ability to work effectively at country and regional level gaining trust and confidence with both internal and external stakeholders, and in particular senior stakeholder management in a highly political environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and fluent in English
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organization.
- Maintain a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Self- motivated with ability to work autonomously.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Ability to travel extensively
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Anti-Harassment Policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
02 684 1286 - 8 ext: 608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager