Closing date: Midnight Tuesday, 28th September 2021
Main Purpose of the role
This position plans and oversees the creative and content strategy supporting fundraising, campaigns and brand objectives and goals.
- The role is ultimately accountable for Thailand’s communications and content strategy.
- The role holder will comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- The role holder will cultivate and manage the engagement and integration of celebrity and brand ambassadors in support of campaign and fundraising goals
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with fundraising and campaign managers; to plan and manage the communications calendar ensuring that campaigns, brand and fundraising communication objectives are coordinated and achieved.
- Working with fundraising and campaign managers, to lead the communications team in the development and optimisation of effective and coordinated communications strategies and the evaluation of those strategies.
- To cultivate and manage the engagement and integration of celebrity and brand ambassadors in support of fundraising and campaign goals.
- Provide leadership to the Digital Communication Officer in the coordination, achievement of communications objectives.
- Produce compelling narratives, content/creative assets and engagements that support fundraising and campaign goals and objectives across digital/social and offline platforms including but not limited to:
- Producing creative assets and communications that support fundraising strategies including supporter journeys and fundraising appeals
- Producing creative assets and communications that support campaigning supporter journeys.
- Writing Press releases
- Provide support to World Animal Protection international teams in the creation of content for specific regional audiences.
- Oversee and manage all content creation activities for the World Animal Protection website.
- Lead on innovative strategies for engagement
- To ensure that the communications comply with WAP brand guidelines, WAP strategic visions and meet the brand growth ambitions of the organisation.
- Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of the communications budget.
- Drive and propose new compelling content (research, source and develop story ideas).
- Write and produce communication materials/messages such as features, interviews, expert pieces, blogs.
- Develop toolkits that empower constituents to fundraise digitally for events and other crowdfunding campaigns.
- Generate content and engagement across all digital media platforms that moves users to donate and/or raise funds.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Write and disseminate all press releases, media alerts and informational documents.
- Lead social media strategies in a way that ensures all content aligns with World Animal Protection.
- Create email campaigns, including monthly eNewsletter.
- Analyse email metrics, sharing results and adjust strategies based on outcomes.
- Oversee email lists, segmentation, and content development.
- Manage all media contacts.
- Produce thought - provoking blog posts, newsletters, copy for programming and fundraising materials, email campaigns and social media posts - as well as editing and proofing content created by others across the business.
- Design and deliver the communications plans in line with the communications strategy across the entire spectrum of comms disciplines including media and public relations, celebrity management, internal comms, brand marketing, email campaigns, advertising, marketing, digital and social media.
- To provide leadership in communications strategy development and execution in the organisation, agreeing standards and evaluating outputs and outcomes against agreed KPI’s
- To work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- To ensure that the WAP brand is enhanced in a positive way and that meets the organisations current and future vision.
Skills & Experiences
- Demonstrated in-depth experience developing, executing, and evaluating communications strategies.
- Excellent writing skills and conceptual/ creative development skills that can be executed across multiple platforms
- Leveraging social networking and other online and offline community-related tools and content.
- An enthusiasm for experimenting with new/innovative communications technologies/strategies.
- Significant hands-on experience in digital content strategy.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Demonstrable experience of responsibility and accountability for delivery of high impact communications strategies
- A degree from a reputable educational institution in one or more of the following fields: communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, and international relations developments.
- Proven track record in Digital Content Strategy and Implementation.
- Experience working in Non-Profit organization.
How to Apply
If you want to be part of our dynamic organisation and help us move the world to protect animals then please send us a copy of your CV, salary expectation and cover/motivation letters addressing your skills and experience relative to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we will not be acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the position location.
Who are we?
We are World Animal Protection.
For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals.
We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes.
Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us.
We are determined to influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.
Why Work for us?
We move the world to protect animals globally but there are many other reasons to join our organisation. We are a truly global organisation with offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, India, Kenya, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Thailand, UK and USA. We employ over 380 people globally covering campaigns, media, fundraising, operations, finance, administration and human resources.
As well as competitive employee benefits we want our employees to grow with us and build their careers within World Animal Protection and therefore encourage internal applications. We have a strong track record of offering existing staff promotions as well as secondments and position changes within the organisation.
นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer