Job Title: Roving Supply Chain Manager
Location: Bangkok or Mae Sot
Length of Contract: One year fix term contract
Application Deadline : 17 August 2021
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced people in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
The primary objective of the position is to build local and country supply chain management capacity in IRC country programs via both remote and in-country support activities. It requires the incumbent to have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the humanitarian supply chain, donors, and IRC policies, including but not limited to needs assessment, procurement, warehousing and inventory management, transport, and information management.
When not deployed on a roving assignment, the Roving Supply Chain Manager will support the Senior Supply Chain Manager (SSCM) and/or Deputy Director for Operations in developing a high standard of Supply Chain excellence to maximize program support, efficiency, and results. In addition, the Roving Supply Chain Manager will provide in ground and remote technical supply chain support to IRC offices in-country when required. The success of this role requires close collaboration with Field Coordinators, sector lead, program teams, country supply chain operations, Regional Supply Chain Director and Global Supply Chain as necessary.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Supply Chain Manager, the Roving Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all Emergency procurement, warehousing and property inventory, equipment, asset, and fleet management in emergency coordination across all IRC field sites. The incumbent to ensure the appropriate safeguarding of all IRC assets and provide Emergency logistics support to IRC Field offices. The incumbent will require regular travel to provide technical back stopping support to the field-based supply chain staff and provision on oversight to ensure compliance to IRC and donor requirements.
Major Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Supply Chain Manager, the Roving Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the following based on an agreed Terms of Reference for each deployment:
• Support Emergency procurement function to manage with Logistics Service Provider and Personal Effect companies for distribution and transportation of goods and services by working closely with Supply Chain unit each field offices.
• Effectively manage suppliers and vendors according to contract, quality & delivery, selection system, performance rating), auditing, etc.
• Consolidate all PR tracking reports from each site and send to Sr. Supply Chain Manager for review and onward submission to IRC Global Supply Chain Unit.
• Ensure emergency procurement timely deliver by analyze PR tracking reports from all sites, Provide analysis and recommendations for improvement to Senior Supply Chain Manager for further discussion and action.
• Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, and anti-terrorism compliance) for Suppliers and Contracted Suppliers.
• Focal point for monthly report of Emergency Procurement Report with extended program support all field Authorized and Contracted Suppliers list and distribute to concerned people.
• Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes.
• Conduct and support tender Process for Emergency program including tender evaluation, negotiation with winning bidders, drafting contracts and oversight of contracts.
• Provide monthly Emergency procurement projections to the finance department based on Emergency procurement plan with the appropriate term of payment.
• Provide procurement commitment reports to finance department monthly.
Ensure procurement files are transferred and archived at off- site storage facility when appropriate i.e. the grant transfer or the grant ending.
• Conduct assessments of field supply chain procedures in emergency, controls, and performance in designated offices;
• Develop and support implementation of improvement plans with the holistic approach;
• Implement discrete, time-bound Supply Chain initiatives which improve performance or compliance (i.e. establish an asset register or assist country in implementing elements of an audit corrective action plan);
• Ensure that compliance with policies is documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and logistics records.
• Provide consistent and constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies and procedures.
• Deputy Director for Operations and/or County Director is promptly informed of any areas of concern or potential or suspected violations.
Asset and Property Management in Emergency
• Monitor and asset spot checks and asset movements in the emergency of the designated sites ensuring all reports generated by Field Supply Chain staff are correct, completed on a monthly/quarterly basis and submission for Supply Chain Monthly Report (SCMR).
• Ensure the maintenance and repairing of assets and tracking of related costs.
• Ensure updates of asset & property disposals specific in emergency and working closely with related program teams monthly.
Fleet Management in Emergency
• Review all vehicle reports and data log sheets by coordinating with all sites to ensure all reports are accurate and filed appropriately. Monitor Prologs-Vehicle module in all sites and ensure information is updated monthly.
• Ensure optimal utilization of IRC vehicle fleet and provide solutions for vehicle-related issues including vehicle scheduling, daily vehicle movements and maintenance, etc in coordination with Logistics field and related program officers.
• Analyze reports related to vehicle fuel consumption, vehicle maintenance schedules, fleet capacity and operating cost for all sites and recommendation to Field Coordinator and Senior Supply Chain Manager monthly.
Warehouse & Inventory Management
• Maintain the Prologs Warehouse Inventory management module in coordination with Warehouse officers in all sites.
• Ensure the warehouses inventories are recorded accurately on a regular basis in Prologs System. Work with field-based Supply Chain staff to ensure regular Spot Checks, quarterly 30% Cycle Counting, Warehouse Inspections are conducted for all warehouse sites, both inside and outside refugee camps when roving
• Provide field Supply Chain teams with technical support in respect to appropriate processes for ordering, receiving, distributing, stocking and updating of all warehouse inventories.
• Ensure adequate drug storage and cold chain management for health supplies as per Pharma S.O.Ps. as part of roving term of reference.
• Act as Supply Chain Manager to Mae Sot and/or Mae Hong Son offices when deploying.
• Temporarily cover field-based supply chain positions as needed;
• Act as a Senior Supply Chain Manager when her/his absence.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Manager and Field Coordinator when deployment to field offices
• Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced professional certification in supply chain management and/or emergency response management strongly preferred.
• Equivalent combination of education and direct experience will be considered.
• At least five years of experience in managing humanitarian supply chain; strong financial management and budgeting skills; demonstrated ability to develop and roll-out supply chain in Emergency.
• Demonstrate the ability in supply chain management including with an international NGO and in field locations preferably with experience in designing and managing complex locations and rapidly changing operating environments.
• Good general knowledge of Supply Chain, Administration, Finance, HR, IT and Safety and Security functions
• Highly organized, with strong task prioritization skills • Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience working with a diverse portfolio of donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
• Good MS Office skills; Excel and database skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in English and Thai.
The position will be based in the IRC office in Bangkok or Mae Sot, regularly required to travel to field offices
If you are interested , please apply via link below
Contact : HR Department