ACTED is currently looking for 1 person to fill the position of
Country Finance Manager (CFM)
The Country Finance Manager is responsible for ACTED accounting and financial management in-country, for both Myanmar and Thailand. The Finance Manager ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that the country specific standards and rules are applied in the aim of protecting ACTED interests and ensuring efficient use of resources. The Country Finance Manager ensures that the Country Director is informed in case of any financial risks or noncompliance to financial regulations.
Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Visit https://www.acted.org/en/ for more information.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise accountancy procedures: filing of documents, allocation of expenses, vouchers registration, balance checking, etc.;
- Verify and compile monthly accounts from each base; in particular, before the 5th of each month: Check that data recorded in saga are entered as per the Allocation Tables. A memo summarizing the main allocation mistakes should be drafted and recommendations should be made in order to improve the quality of accounting information
- Communicate accounts on a monthly basis to HQ, respecting SAGA procedures and deadlines;
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents in conformity with FLAT procedures;
- Open/close bank accounts on the authority of the Country Director;
- Oversee the management of bank accounts: follow transfers, check balances, check authorised visas;
- Supervise the management of safes and cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions;
- Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and bases and communicate cash requests to the HQ;
- Manage money transfers, bases cash-supply and amounts in circulation, whilst defining payment procedures (bank transfer, cheque, cash etc.);
Budget Follow Up:
- Develop tables necessary for financial monitoring and for budget follow up within the mission;
- Analyse gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses;
- Anticipate financial risks;
- Financial follow up and analysis of ACTED’s projects implemented in Sri Lanka;
- Ensure an on-time and efficient flow of information with Country Coordination and Area Coordination;
- Before the 15th of each month: Ensure that all allocation tables are checked and corrected according to budgetary constraints. A memo summarizing should be drafted to analyse the current situation and set up forecast. Allocation tables should be sent to Paris by the 15th of each month.
- Monthly Running Costs: Consolidate and analyse the monthly running costs received from the Capital Finance Officer by the 15th of each month. A tool should be developed to analyse and compare on a monthly basis the running costs per base and the budget available.
Develop Project Budgets and Reporting:
- Develop budgets for project proposals according to project needs and Donor constraints;
- Prepare all required financial reports on ACTED’s grants for submission to the Donors, on time;
- Follow up of financial report with the HQ and donors;
- Guarantee the respect of Donor procedures for each financial contract, including specific allocation/accounting requirements, and timelines.
- Compile and file all project related financial, logistics, administrative, and programme information in the designated project compliance folder
- Follow-up and ensure compliance of ACTED FLAT procedures in Myanmar and Thailand bases, by ensuring regular (fortnightly) transfer of the project compliance documentation to the capital office
- Facilitate the country compliance review process once the project has been terminated and ensure the accurate documentation of costs/expenses allocations within the documentation
- Submit the complete compliance folder (final version) to HQ once the compliance review process had been completed in-country and ensure that the duplicate compliance folder is securely archived
- Provide timely supplementary quality control of the compliance documentation by checking the accuracy and consistency of the information between the related documents, and report discrepancies immediately to the department concerned for corrective action
- Facilitate and report compliance of all audit recommendations/action plans under the authority of the Country Director and provide accurate feedback immediately
- Prepare a monthly compliance report giving as much detail as possible for all existing projects that are ongoing and complete
- Facilitate the preparation for country external audits
- Audit ACTED’s implementing partners
Tax & Other Government Financial Requirements:
- Follow up on Tax policy and government request
- Follow up on obtaining of VAT exemption letters
- Ensure ACTED is compliant with all financial reporting, audit, accounting regulations of the government
Finance Team Management
- Update the organigramme and ToRs of the finance department according to the mission development;
- Oversee the team and undertake appraisals of directly supervised colleagues;
- Ensure training and capacity building for finance team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department;
- Develop relevant management procedures within the team;
- Improve information flows within the department and with other departments and projects;
- Visit the bases on a regular basis (each area at least once per quarter for at least 3 full days excluding travel) and mentor departmental staff
- Any other task as assigned by the line manager
Adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct including a commitment to gender equality and inclusion in the workplace.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field;
- At least 5 years related experience in financial management, accounting, and/or budget management;
- Experience working in an INGO or other international organization Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls, and financial information systems;
- Mastery of Excel and familiarity with accounting systems
- Excellent and demonstrated project management and supervisory skills
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner
- Integrity and honesty
- Autonomy, adaptability, discretion, and organizational skills,
- Capacity to listen and communicate with people from all backgrounds
- Proactive and problem-solving abilities
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of international donor’s rules and procedures is an asset
Language requirement - Fluency in English
Submission of application:
Applications shall be in English and include:
- a resume of not more than 3 pages
- a cover letter
- a copy of the university degree
- contact details of 3 references should be submitted to ACTED Thailand Office at Email : [email protected] or Phone: 098 464 2419
The files attached to the e-mail should not exceed 2 MB. Applications should be title “Country Finance Manager – Your Full Name” and be submitted no later than 1 December 2021 by 5:00 pm (Thailand’s Time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
[email protected] / 098-464-2419
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financier