Accountant for USAID Enhance Activity
The USAID-funded Enhance Activity in Thailand, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Accountant. This position will be located in the main office in Bangkok.
Position Description/Summary: The Accountant will be responsible for managing the overall accounting and financial control systems for the Enhance Activity and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. In addition, the Accountant will manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation and ensuring timely and accurate financial reports, payroll, financial disbursement and ledgers. The Accountant will report directly to the Administration and Finance Director. This is a five-year assignment ending in September 2027.
* Closing financial accounts and preparing financial statements for Administration and Finance Director review before submission to the home office as part of monthly financial reports.
* Perform balance sheet accounts reconciliation.
* Reviewing Petty Cash records/entries, verifying cash counts and conduct spot checks.
* Ensuring that financial records are complete and that documents/audit files are stored in an appropriate manner.
* Coordinating closely with all project staff to ensure financial matters and finances are managed appropriately.
* Reviewing, verifying and ensuring proper processing of all travel advances and expense reports in line with travel authorizations/request approvals from direct line supervisor.
* Maintaining and updating accounting and financial control system in accordance with US Government regulations and Tetra Tech policies and procedures.
* Managing confidential payment of monthly payroll and ensuring timely processing of statutory payments (e.g., income tax, social security withholdings, etc.).
* Ensuring transactions are appropriately recorded in QuickBooks and ensuring Tetra Tech’s accounting and procurement standard procedures and policies are properly implemented.
* Ensuring transactions are entered and properly recorded in online banking for approval and transfer of funds.
* Monitoring vendor advances and other receivables and ensure timely clearance of vendor outstanding items, taking corrective follow-up actions where required.
* Preparing receipt and Disbursement vouchers.
* Assisting in the preparation of budgets, accounting and financial reports, funds requests, statistical and other reports as required.
* Ensuring accurate and timely monthly payroll preparation process and issue pay slips.
* Advanced degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field.
* 5+ years of financial management and auditing experience on donor-funded programs, preferably previous experience with USAID.
* Experience in using QuickBooks accounting software preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
* Fluency in Thai and English.
* Thai nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/AccountantEnhance
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Contact : https://bit.ly/AccountantEnhance