Background : The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia
(RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa and Asia, in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, to establish a regional early warning system within a multi-hazard framework for the generation and communication of early warning information, and capacity building for preparedness and response to trans-boundary hazards. RIMES was established on 30 April 2009, and was registered with the United Nations on 1 July 2009. RIMES operates from its regional early warning center located at the campus of the Asian Institute of Technology in Pathumthani
Position Description: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative assistance in general project implementation and management and day-to-day liaison with counterparts and serve as focal point for communicating admin-related information to/from team members. He/She will provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to RIMES program, including drafting correspondence, taking of minutes, monitoring project budget and financial, arranging for the processing of government clearances, making travel arrangements and related tasks. The Administrative Assistant carries out his/her functions under the direct supervision of the Head of the Department/Project Director.
Contract Type: Full-Time Contract
Duty station: RIMES Regional Facility, AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
Skills and Qualifications:
**Prefer an NGO experience**
• High level attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to follow through on tasks
• Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning
• Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads
• Able to analyze and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal, and other data from a number of sources
• Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the organization
• Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support for program administration activities and support to all team members in the organization of daily/weekly/monthly program implementation.
The Administrative Assistant will report to Head of the Department/Project Director.
The contract will initially be for one year and will be extended upon satisfactory completion of the 120 days probationary term and each annual performance review.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send your application letter, resume, salary expectation and 2 references in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight of 28 April 2023, Bangkok time. Please state “ Project Administrative Assistant (Thai National) : Your Name” the Subject line of the email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Ms. Dusadee Padungkul
Head-Operational Support Department
Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System
AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1,
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
RIMES promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Well-qualified applicants particularly women are encouraged to apply
Contact : email@example.com /02-5245902