: 8 May 2023
30 June 2023 / /
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
Under the EpiC Project in Thailand, FHI 360 conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — predominantly men who have sex with men and transgender persons — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. EpiC will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The EpiC Monitoring and Evaluation Manager position will take responsibility for the overall M&E plan and implementation on the EPIC team in the development of the performance monitoring plan and reporting against the plan, the environmental mitigation and monitoring plan, quarterly PEPFAR reporting requirements and semi-annual report development. The position will be responsible for the designing and developing of monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures for the project providing technical assistance and M&E support to the local partners delivering services. The manager position will also supervise other staff.
The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Supervises M&E staff
- Leads technical assistance, implements, and monitors M&E systems, to achieve programmatic goals.
- Ensure that appropriate M&E mechanisms are built into work plans and reporting and oversee quality assurance, data quality and reporting.
- Lead structured capacity building on data utilization to improve programming.
- Leads the performance monitoring of the program based on the performance monitoring, work and environmental and mitigation plans.
- As other monitoring, evaluation and reporting duties are identified over the life of the project this position would assume responsibility.
- Leads program and data quality according to FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Leads the production of timely and accurate technical and monitoring and evaluation reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required.
- Coordinates and meets with, as appropriate, USAID, the Ministry of Health, and local and international partners and other stakeholders in Thailand.
- Leads M&E work plan activities; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in monitoring and evaluation; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation including assisting in the provision of technical assistance to each grant partner for the provision of high quality services; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
- Contributes to the development of Scopes of Work (SOW), memorandums of understanding (MOUs), technical management of activities for consultants and local institutions partnering with EPIC to ensure that M&E activity timeframes are met and products are reviewed and finalized.
- Reports regularly to the EPIC Country Representative/Thailand on progress and status of EPIC activities in Thailand.
- Understands the HIV-related needs of key population groups in Thailand, including female sex workers, and/or men who have sex with men, and transgender individuals and has worked to support and monitor activities to reduce stigma and discrimination.
- Design, implementation, and management of monitoring and evaluation for HIV public health/international development programs funded by USAID.
- Proven skills in supervision, mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Thailand.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with civil society organizations on monitoring and evaluation for HIV and/or health-related activities.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and USAID.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, bio-statistics, demography and population studies or other related field preferred.
- At least nine years relevant work experience in Health and HIV/AIDS.
- Experience with USAID-funded activities, with PEPFAR monitoring, evaluation and reporting experience preferred.
- Experience in leading the design and implementation of M&E systems and experience working with key population groups and PLHIV is essential.
- Experience in supervising staff
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment desirable.
- Thailand experience is a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidate can register and apply here or visit our career site at www.fhi360.org/careers