: People In Need (PIN)
: 18 Sep 2023
02 / October / 2023
Position Title: Operations Assistant
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand (Open to remote / flexible working).
Classification: Thailand national staff position – Mandate agreement contract
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Monday 2nd of October 09:00 Bangkok local time.
Operations Assistant for PIN Regional Office in Thailand
The Operations Assistant is responsible for providing high quality, flexible and effective operations support for the Asia Regional Office of People in Need in Thailand. The agenda involves tasks in the area of administration, human resources, logistics and procurement. The Operations Assistant cooperates closely with Head of Operations, other colleagues deployed in Thailand and also with the Regional Administration Officer for Asia based at HQ in Prague.
Reporting Relations & Interdependencies with Other Positions
The Operations Assistant´s line manager is Head of Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assistance with communication and submitting/obtaining documentation from local authorities and institutions.
- Facilitating the submission of essential regular and yearly reports to the regulatory bodies.
- Act as the central point of contact for operational activities related to projects.
- Organising meetings and drafting Meeting minutes
- Upon request, when and if possible, translation from/to Thai to/from English
- Contract administration and archiving for Regional Office in Thailand
- Facilitating the submission of essential regular and yearly reports to the regulatory bodies in Thailand.
- Following up on welcome emails for expatriate staff based in Thailand with specific information related to the country orientation
- Maintaining and executing initial induction and security briefing for expatriate staff within first 3 working days upon their arrival in Thailand
- Processing documents for visa/work/residency/other permits if relevant, coordination and support of the process in cooperation with HQ and CP
- Accompanying expatriate staff to medical and vaccination centres and local authorities in case interpretation is needed
- Assisting expatriate staff with arranging their accommodation (short-term and long-term), local transportation, Thai SIM card, etc.
- Cooperation with RAO for Asia and other HQ and CP colleagues in revising the pre-deployment pack for Thailand
logistics and procurement
- Central focal point for office coordination
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of office premises
- Meeting arrangements (venue, catering, technical support, office supplies, etc.)
- Overall coordination of Headquarters (HQ) and/or Country Programmes (CP) visits including assistance with flight tickets, accommodation and other travel arrangements
- Assisting with procurement (negotiations with suppliers, collecting procurement documentation, etc.)
- Maintaining a database of local suppliers (travel agencies, hotels, venues, etc.)
- Arranging delivery of accounting and legal documents from/to Thailand
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive and other duties might be required depending on the needs of the PIN Regional Office in Thailand.
People in Need offers:
- Salary and benefits according to PIN’s salary scale and HR policies. The salary range for the assistant level is between 20,500 baht and 31,500 baht per month.
- Opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development.
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization.
- Flexible and challenging working environment with room for personal growth.
- A supportive RHQ and HQ that provides expertise and guidance.
Required Skills and Qualification
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, project management, international development or a related field is preferred.
- Desirable Three years minimum relevant work experience as an Administrative Assistant, Procurement Assistant, and/or related fields is preferred.
- Experience working with intergovernmental agencies, private sector, or NGOs is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups to serve as a major point of contact across multiple remote teams.
- Experience and knowledge in collecting and analyzing data of the relevant tasks.
- Ability to track and manage multiple tasks concurrently, making regular use of productivity and organizational tools.
- Professional proficiency in working with Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint). Experience in using any other office software is an advantage.
- Excellent administrative and organizational management skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multitask in a changing environment.
- Excellent project and deadline management skills.
- Able to handle ambiguity and maintain a flexible and positive approach.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills (English & Thai). Ability to speak additional languages a benefit.
- This is a Thai nationals position
Location of Assignment
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand, with regional travel as required. The position maybe asked to work remotely (work from home) with the option of working from the office in the future.
Please send an email with your CV and a 1 page cover letter of how you meet the desired specifications attached to email@example.com no later than Monday 2nd of October, 2023. Applicant must include “Operations Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.