: FHI 360
: 21 Sep 2023
31 / October / 2023
Senior Technical Officer, HIV Prevention and Communications, EpiC Project Thailand
(Job Requisition # 2023201418)
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Officer, HIV Prevention and Communications, EpiC Project Thailand based in Bangkok, Thailand
The EPIC Thailand project seeks to improve access to, and uptake of, community-based health services for members of key populations at risk of HIV infection, in order to reduce risk behaviors and increase health-seeking for HIV testing, treatment and/or HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis. Transgender women (TG) are a population of particular interest to the EPIC project, as these individuals are often at higher risk for HIV infection but have limited access to, and lower uptake of, appropriate services to protect their health. The Technical Officer position provides responsive, high-quality technical leadership, manages technical assistance, and ensures the quality of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment interventions conducted by community-based implementing partners and focusing specifically on TG women (including TG sex workers) as well as provide the high-quality leadership on social and behavior change communications intervention.
- Lead in the design, implementation and monitoring of community-level HIV prevention, testing and treatment interventions targeting TG/TGSW, in close collaboration with EPIC Thailand staff.
- Work with project officers to provide targeted technical assistance, in collaboration with EpiC technical partners, for community-based organizations across 9 Thai provinces providing outreach, testing and/or treatment services for TG/TGSW with the goal of increasing coverage and service uptake among these populations.
- Conduct regular field review of service delivery for TG/TGSW populations and provide targeted feedback for quality improvement purposes.
- Work with the M&E team to regularly monitor and evaluate outcome of TG/TGSW interventions and progress toward expected programmatic targets. Participate in high-frequency data reviews for TG/TGSW partners with relevant project and technical officers.
- Provide technical inputs in term of developing research protocol related to transgender people including implementation and participant enrollment and data dissemination in partnership with Tangerine Community Health Clinic, IHRI.
- Strengthen service promotion and improve the linkage of key populations ton HIV testing, preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP), and treatment services with particular focus on online/social media marketing and referral.
- Lead in development of SBCC components of EPIC Thailand annual workplan, with the goal of increasing demand for, and uptake of, HIV prevention, testing and treatment commodities and services.
- Lead in the design, implement and monitor SBCC strategies and activities targeting key populations in line with the EpiC Thailand SBCC strategic plan and in close collaboration with EpiC Thailand staff
- Provide technical assistance for the EpiC Thailand team and implementing partners to develop, pre-test and produce communication tools and job aids based on evidence-based theories and methodologies, in line with the SBCC strategy as well as provide assistance on social media management and online marketing strategy
- Recruit and manage the work of any research firms, advertising agencies, public relations experts, production vendors, community mobilizers, communications staff and/or consultants hired by the project to assist with SBCC or community level work. This includes managing the functions of EpiC Thailand communications technical officers as well as building the capacity of local implementing partners to implement quality and successful SBCC work
- Work with M&E team to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of SBCC activities
- Represent EpiC Thailand in meetings with donors, stakeholders, and at key regional and international academic and professional for Key populations, including regional technical meetings or consultations and community events such as IDAHOT.
- Collaborate with other technical specialists and stakeholders beyond the project to ensure coordination of HIV prevention, testing and treatment strategies and activities targeting TG/TGSW populations and to avoid duplication and overlap.
- Remain informed on regional and global best practices regarding HIV prevention, testing and treatment for TG/TGSW populations and disseminate information and resources to EPIC Thailand staff and partners as appropriate.
- Provide technical review and inputs for knowledge management products (academic publications, technical briefs etc.)
- Prepare and submit regular narrative and quantitative reports on TG/TGSW, SBCC and assigned activities for inclusion in quarterly and annual reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Establishes good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community partners, donors, governments, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization and the project.
- Builds relationships with non-affiliated public and private-sector treatment, care and support service organizations.
- Interacts with national government, non-government organizations and international donor agencies to ensure the development of quality HIV/AIDS intervention and research programs.
- Represents FHI 360 and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Communicates with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and identifies changes required to ensure high quality programming.
- Liaises with in-country GFATM/WHO/UNAIDS/ UNICEF/ UNDP and other relevant agencies to share information and to stimulate joint design and implementation of country level interventions.
- Provides regular technical mentorship and capacity building to program staff, implementing agencies, government agencies, other organizations with emphasis on expanding coverage and increasing service uptake (and service quality) for TG/TGSW populations.
- Program planning and administration: ensures that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization's mission and reflect the priorities of the program.
- Collaborates with other FHI 360 Technical and Program officers to develop mutually reinforcing comprehensive interventions that complement FHI’s regional and global strategies.
- Markets FHI 360 capabilities and prepare proposals for funding. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Develops reports, presentations, publications and other materials to a high technical standard.
- Provides input into the development and maintenance of the EPIC Thailand program management systems and tools.
- Contributes to the annual work planning and budgeting processes.
- Liaises with and supports partners working on SBCC activities.
- Ensures application of FHI 360 policies and procedures to EPIC Thailand activities.
EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision, and ability to manage high volume workflow.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues in assigned areas, e.g. reproductive health, family planning, HIV infection.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health, international development, and/or social science research. Specialist knowledge and/or experience working with TG populations strongly preferred.
- Financial management, research, report writing and/or analyses.
- Written and verbal communication skills, and editing skills.
- Relevant language skills preferred.
- Relevant computer software skills.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
SUPERVISORY AND BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY
- Determines methods and procedures on new projects and assignments.
- Supervise Technical Officer- HIV Prevention and Knowledges Management responsibility and accountability to team members as well as monitors team member’s progress on assigned activities.
- Facilitates professional development with team members and provides feedback.
- Develops leadership within the team.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Usual office working conditions; ability to travel domestically at least 30%.
- BS/BA or MS/MA in public health or related field,
- At least 5 – 8 years relevant experience with international development programs and field experience especially in the field of HIV/AIDS, transgender health and rights and/or sexual orientation/gender identity.
How to Apply:
Interested candidate can register and apply here or visit our career site at www.fhi360.org/careers
Deadline for submit application is October 31, 2023