: Amnesty International Thailand
: 18 Nov 2023
17 / December / 2023
Senior Impact and learning officer require to have interpersonal skills to help develop and implement an approach to planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning that drives stronger impact on human rights and organizational priorities. The person will support Amnesty Thailand to carry its mandates under 2030 Global strategy, in particularly, to carry and perform monitoring and evaluation in Standards Action Report (SAR), and impact report. Senior Impact and Learning officer will be a thought partner for staff and will cultivate staff capacity for effective project planning, monitoring, and evaluation. The person will be a key contributor in building an organizational culture that utilizes learning and innovation to help deliver meaningful outcomes.
Planning / Initiation
- Support the ED and senior management team to align national strategy with the global strategy.
- Lead to create strategy and project management framework and assist managers and senior officers in effective and strategic program and project management planning/initiation.
- Utilize innovative and effective tools to support systematic documentation during the planning process such as stakeholder analysis, situation analysis, and project management planning.
- Work with project managers to develop detailed project plans, track milestones, and identify risks, issues, and dependencies.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact
- Lead to support the development/strengthening of monitoring and evaluation system within the organisation which including strategic reflection on monitoring and evaluation, establishing standards and methodologies, providing support and resources, monitoring performance and success, and reporting the impact and promote knowledge sharing and outcomes.
- Oversee and monitor the progress of multiple projects, ensuring they remain on schedule, within budget, and meet or exceed expectations by establish a standardized approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning across the organization.
- Embed reflection, strategy adaptation, and results-based review as a core way of working across Amnesty’s project teams. Escalate concerns and roadblocks to upper management as necessary. Conduct regular audits of project management processes and procedures. Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement change.
- Ensure that all project documentation is up to date and accurate. Create and maintain comprehensive project reports
- Ensure that outcomes of Amnesty’s monitoring, evaluation, learning and assessment processes provide a clear evidence base for organizational decision-making; Identify and leverage opportunities to shape and improve Amnesty’s global strategies based on these outcomes.
- Design and conduct internal evaluations and project closing of Amnesty Thailand projects, and oversee evaluations conducted by external researchers, partners or consultants. Lead Amnesty’s approach to internal and external accountability; Oversee development and implementation of policies and frameworks that drive greater accountability and transparency of Amnesty’s work.
Reporting, and Knowledge sharing, learning
- Combine project, programme, and organisational’s report, impact and outcomes.
- Reporting and communicate the impact to the stakeholders such as project teams, management team, CLT, board members, members, international secretariat, and the winder movement.
- Train and mentor new and existing project managers. Promoting knowledge sharing and continuous improvement Provide support to operation team and Executive Director in relation of organization development.
- Provide strategic support to Amnesty’s Team on planning for impact; Facilitate high-level analysis of internal and external trends that affect delivery of Amnesty’s Strategic Goals.
- Improve organization-wide impact through development of sustainable knowledge management processes, tools, and practices to harness learning for more effective planning.
- Develop and share project management best practices such as Establish and implement share learning and database system of organization effectively and secure. Establish and design overall impact learning system and communication within the organisation under global and national strategy.
- Monitor MEL advancements in the NGO sector so that AI Thailand’s performance systems benefit from proven best practices.
Education & Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Science, Political Science, Statistics, Economics, Business
- Minimum 3 years
- Extensive experience in programme management, project management and reporting activities
- Extensive demonstrable knowledge and experience in impact-oriented planning, implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systematizing organizational learning.
- Extensive experience in improving organizational accountability and transparency; in establishing consistent reporting frameworks across complex organizations.
- Proven ability to design and implement effective systems and methodologies for tracking progress, opportunities and risks across a large portfolio of work.
- A demonstrated commitment to and understanding of human rights; of the drivers and challenges for affecting human rights change.
- Extensive experience in developing global strategies; in collaborating within a multi-location, multi-stakeholder context to adapt and assess strategies.
- Proven ability to drive organizational change in a complex, high-pressure environment.
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills with a wide range of stakeholders, including ability to negotiate and influence, and build and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Excellent facilitation skills and understanding of the use of participatory approaches.
- Connection to external networks and movements; Ability to identify and contribute to innovative practice in the wider human rights sector.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, Excellent political judgement and problem analysis skills.
- Management experience, ability to set, manage and monitor plans and budgets.
- Ability to lead a diverse and high-performing team, to guide, support and encourage team members.
- Proven ability to work under pressure including the ability to cope with deadlines, multiple tasks, and competing demands
- Project management and program management expertise
- Familiar with development and human right issues in the country
- Knowledge of and/or experience of the Not-For-Profit, NGO and/or Development sectors
- Leadership and team management
- Digital skills for project management
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Experience of designing and delivering tailored systems for MEAL, using detailed logical frameworks.
- Excellent analytical and risk management skills
- Planning, organization, time management, and coordination
- Fluency in written and spoken both in Thai and English
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Work on cross-functional collaboration
- Communications: draw lessons and conclusion from complex and varied information
- Relationship building: Track record of developing relationships with staff, partners and donors. Enthusiasm for supporting colleagues to monitor, evaluate and communicate their work
- A committed
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills and critical thinking
- Facilitation skills
*** Please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) to email@example.com by 17 December 2023