An Inter-government in association to FAO is seeking for the Communication Officer.
Job Position: Communication Officer
Functions may include:
- Developing and implementing communications strategies & work-plans, campaigns, events and other initiatives.
- Researching, preparing fact-checking, editing, and producing professional media and communications materials for various audiences and ensuring their timely dissemination and amplification.
- Working closely with UN Agencies, CSOs, Policy Makers at regional and global-level on communications initiatives and messaging.
- Developing news-worthy messages, organizing press events, handling interviews requests, and providing responses to requests from media relating to SDGs.
- Drafting talking points and messages for the Office, and for sharing with communicators at regional and global level.
- Creating high quality media and multimedia content for dissemination in country, and via global-level platforms.
- Maintaining through year-round professional interaction strong media relations, ensuring that media (and other important external stakeholders, such as governments, embassies, NGOs etc.) have strong awareness of SDGs.
- Maintaining a prominent position in the news and for advocacy and fund-raising purposes.
- Maintaining up to date specialist knowledge of matters pertaining to the region and issues under area of responsibility and also up to date familiarity with SDGs.
- Producing and encouraging other field communications staff to produce strategic and general interest news.
- Maintain an up to date database of journalists and media organizations, respond to media
Enquiries on deadline, and build dialogue with individual journalists, editors and news- desks.
Ensuring organizational visibility, reputation, and positioning as the leading authority on SDGs with effective media relations.
- Authority and expertize are supported by well-researched, knowledgeable media interactions and interviews on news channels.
- Excellent communication skills, including social media and multimedia skills, plus strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English, (written, oral, comprehension) including highly developed drafting skills. Fluency in the main language(s) of the country in question is highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential), and experience of working with multimedia tools (i.e broadcast and video or radio technology, social media).
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
Closing date: 15 January 2018
Contact: Agricultural and Food Marketing Association for Asia
and the Pacific (AFMA)
c/o FAO Annex, 202/1 Larn Luang Road
Bangkok 10100, Thailand