IUCN is seeking a qualified individual to join our Asia Regional Office, Bangkok, Thailand
Financial responsibilities: Manage the Administration Unit’s petty cash and advance by performing bookkeeping duties that include preparation of bank deposits, reconciliation of daily/weekly accounts, managing petty cash logs, replenishments and liquidations, and processing cash refunds.
- Administer and maintain the liquidity of the unit’s petty cash as well as facilitate disbursement of funds in respect of advance payment and related expenses according to approved Purchase Requisition.
- Control and processes all petty cash transactions within the parameters of IUCN policies and procedures.
- Monitor the accountability report on a daily basis for the unit’s petty cash and cash advances to ensure all transactions are accounted for at all times.
- Verify original invoices together with recipient’s signature on goods received.
- Record daily transactions into the accounting system and reconcile general invoices and supporting documents for petty cash.
- Prepare a fortnightly reconciliation report for the petty cash and cash advance disbursements and allocate the charges to cost centres as appropriated.
- Prepares reimbursement claims as appropriate.
- Prepare a monthly reconciliation report for the cash account.
- Maintain transaction records and financial files as required for reconciliation and to work closely with Finance for audit purposes.
Admin Portal: Be responsible for monitoring and processing all components of the Admin Portal on Purchase Requisitions (PR) and Purchase Orders (PO) for the procurement of goods and services submitted by all ARO staff, as well as the Travel Authorization (TA) and Expense Claim (EC) modules.
- Oversee all staff PRs submitted through Admin Portal and manage each PR by distributing it to concerned Admin staff
- Process and coordinate the PR with requestors and suppliers
- Prepare PO for equipment/supplies and put up the case files for approval and signature by the HoA
Procurement and Supply Chain: Manage the efficiency and effectiveness of the procurement and supply chain life cycle including maintaining records and reconciling procurement documents.
- Define purchasing recommendations that support organisational objectives in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Take part and give recommendations to the Procurement Committee in acquiring goods and services according to the IUCN Procurement Policy and standard specifications and regulations to meet user/requester needs.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of Purchase Order/Contracts with suppliers/contractors and/or service providers to get the best solution for IUCN.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff as needed on procurement matters.
- Ensure that all procurement follows relevant IUCN policies, guidelines and procedures, including the Policy and Procedure on Procurement of Goods and Services and support in the development and implementation of such policies and procedures.
- Liaise with key staff to determine their product and service needs
- Identify and research potential new suppliers as well as new products and services, where applicable.
- Assess total costs of purchases
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods and services and maintaining stock levels.
Events, Travel and Fleet Management: Ensure that travel and transport/vehicle management procedures are efficient and effective and enforce these procedures in IUCN ARO.
- Manage and supervise the transportation functions in IUCN ARO including maintenance of the vehicles, appropriate usage & allocation, and monitoring of drivers’ duties;
- Ensure the accuracy of cross charging in using transportation/messenger of each Cost Center (CC).
- Verify and control the data entered in vehicle log books;
- Ensure that the acquisition of transportation provided by third party is appropriate, and in compliance with IUCN’s policies and procedures and internal control systems.
- Coordinate with staff and travel agents to ensure that air tickets are issued prior the deadline set by the authorized agent
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 20 November 2017
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System,
by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button at
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.