Vacancy for Deputy Regional Coordinator
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women from Asia Pacific countries with relevant experience and skills to apply for the position of Deputy Regional Coordinator. The successful applicant will work with our committed Secretariat to support a powerful network of women’s rights organisations, movements and activists across the region.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia Pacific, committed to women’s human rights and feminist movements. APWLD’s members are drawn from 26 countries and the Secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights and Development Justice in Asia Pacific;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development work and women’s rights at the national, regional level or international level. Professional work experience with increasing levels of leadership within a feminist or civil society movement can be an asset;
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic and socio-cultural environments in the region and the way they impact women’s human rights;
- High level project management skills including monitoring and evaluation and impact report writing;
- Demonstrated experience of network coordination and supervising staff from diverse backgrounds with diverse levels of experience;
- Demonstrated experience in supporting governance of a membership-based organisation;
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written and demonstrated ability to write for movements as well as programme reports and project proposals;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network and liaise in a multi-cultural environment and develop strong professional relationship with members and other stakeholders;
Salary range commences at the equivalent of USD 2,000 per month. Other benefits include contributions to employment pension fund; housing allowance and relocation allowances for staff required to re-locate to Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The contract is for three years, with a probationary period of four months.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Application letter that directly addresses each selection criteria of the position
- Three referees (at least two of which must be professional)
- Two samples of work which demonstrate the applicant’s knowledge and skills in the area
These documents should be submitted to Ms. Kim Anh Nguyen: email@example.com by the 15th of January 2018.
*Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview