Freeland, a Bangkok-based counter trafficking organization is looking to hire a dynamic Communications Officer for a full-time position.
This position is ideal for a person with a strong work ethic looking for a career making the world free of wildlife trafficking and human slavery.
The successful candidate has good written and spoken English and Thai, a passion to protect vulnerable people and wildlife and a basic understanding of the issues of wildlife trafficking and human slavery.
The successful candidate will work closely with Freeland’s Director of Communications to conduct a wide range of communications related activities The position has potential for advancement and a chance to work alongside experts across Africa and Asia.
The position is open to all nationalities and will be based in Bangkok, Thailand. The successful candidate will be responsible for travel to and accommodation in Thailand should they be overseas. Freeland will provide a fair salary based on experience and education along with benefits, health care and associated work permit and visa fees.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Create a wide range of communications materials such as press releases, reports and presentations;
- Create a wide range of web-based communications materials such as social media posts, internet blogs and other articles;
- Design awareness materials such as presentations, banners, posters, flyers and other materials;
- Research information and trends to write reports on wildlife trafficking and human slavery;
- Organize and coordinate events that bring together multiple stakeholders to raise awareness and train civilians and law enforcement;
- Attend events in multiple locations to support raising awareness;
- Support a range of social behavior change activities;
- Support the management of budgets including administrative paperwork for travel and other procurement;
- Present Freeland’s work both publicly and privately to relevant partners and agencies;
- Work closely with all of Freeland’s departments and country offices to promote the organization’s work to end wildlife trafficking and human slavery.
- University degree in a field such as communications, international development or related field;
- A flair for visual communication and confident use of design software;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Good written and spoken Thai;
- Willingness to speak publicly and in front of audiences;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Experience of working in multicultural environments;
- Capacity to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Experience in undertaking research and analysis and being able to communicate complex ideas in simple and straightforward ways;
- The passion and drive needed to be successful in a high paced working environment;
- Willingness to adapt quickly to address recent trends and new opportunities.
For more information, or to apply for the position, please send your CV and a cover letter including wage expectations to: HR@freeland.org ASAP.