As Campaigner for Food and Ecological Agriculture, you will lead the implementation of campaign work in Thailand and serve as a Greenpeace Southeast Asia’s (GPSEA) representative for the campaign in the overall region. You will also help develop strategies for the effective delivery of projects within this campaign, while also managing projects and providing support to teams as needed.
This is a full time position based in Bangkok working on food and agriculture issues, as well as working in countries within or outside the region as required.
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
Level of Education:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study:
Arts or Sciences degree, or equivalent experience working on food,agriculture or environment -related issues
● At least 5 years of campaigning experience in the Southeast Asia region
● Leadership, management and communication abilities, commensurate with the need to lead & manage cross functional, cross cultural and multilingual teams through the planning and implementation processes. This is to include demonstrated commitment to consultation processes and team delegation.
Training or Certificate:
Competencies and Skills
● Professionalism – able to maintain accountability, responsibility and integrity in delivering good quality work even in difficult situations and deliver results effectively. This include ability to help others define goals and plan a route to successfully achieve them and ability to apply rules and regulations in a consistent and non-biased manner
● Goal oriented - able to set goals for self and others, takes sustained action in the face of obstacles. Proactively seeks out relevant tasks when the current task is completed. Effectively engages team members’ participation in achieving goals by identifying strengths of members and assigning tasks based on their strengths. Organises teams to perform complex tasks, and guides them in determining how to proceed successfully. Anticipates problems and comes up with an alternative approach when necessary
● Strategic Perspective and Mindset: Knowledge and/or experience in addressing organizational objectives by developing calculated approaches that integrate an openness to and awareness of diversity across cultures.
● Team Work and Communication:. Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with others in order to encourage and support effective communication and teamwork. Builds and maintains ongoing, collaborative, working relationships to achieve organizational goals.Discusses subjects in a constructive manner with all levels of staff. Takes lead to develop relationships, among cross functional teams. Maintains relationships within a broad range of organisational members. Uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations comfortably. Uses formal, informal and systematic methods to share information with others to increase organisational effectiveness
● Innovation and Change: Searches for creative ideas and solutions; adds competitive advantage to the organisation, develops new insights and applies different and novel situations to make improvements; Brings in new and innovative solutions that effectively address problems, and which become models for others to follow. Suggests or proposes alternative ways to view or define problems; is not constrained by conventional thinking and established approaches. Able to envision the impact of possible future changes
● Knowledge and/or experience in food, agriculture,ecological protection and economic issues.
● Knowledge and/or experience in project management tools and methodologies, risk assessment, project budget managements, monitoring and reporting.
● Knowledge/or experience in environmental activism.
● Knowledge/or experience in working with agriculture or related network.
● Knowledge and/or experience in lobbying to influence targeted people of power.
● Knowledge and/or experience in planning and conducting primary field research.
● Knowledge and/or experience in developing, delivering and evaluating campaign strategies and tactics.
● Fluency in written and spoken English.
● Knowledge and/or experience in speaking to media as a spokesperson.
● Knowledge and/or experience in developing and managing the implementation of campaigns .
● Knowledge and/or experience in IT security management .
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE APPLYING TO THIS POST
Normal hours of work for full time Employee will be forty (40) per week or (5) days in a week, at 8 hours per day excluding an hour lunch break. This will be from Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am to 6: 30 pm. Ordinary hours of work may be varied as agreed between staff and the line managers.
A permanent employee will be entitled to the following leaves:
Annual Leave: 20 days
Sick Leave: 30 days
Parental Leave: 10days
Maternity Leave: as per government rules and regulations and Greenpeace policy
Long Service Leave: 2 months paid leave after 5 years of continuous service
Compassionate leave: maximum of 5 days for the death of significant others
In determining salary offer for this position, Greenpeace applies its Salary Grading Process, taking into consideration the job description and applicant’s previous experience, and the organization’s salary grade.
Greenpeace provides health insurance, life insurance and travel insurance to its permanent employees.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Greenpeace is committed to providing its employees with learning and development opportunities to be able to perform its functions more effectively. Through its mentoring process and annual Performance Management System, staff’s development objectives are identified and prioritized.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant’s merits and abilities.
HR POLICIES AND PROCEDURE
Greenpeace management and staff are given guidance on the implications of the equal opportunities policy. Policies and procedures are reviewed to review and adapt current practices to promote equality of opportunity. Other organizational policies and procedures will be fully discussed to the successful applicant.
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace, fill-up the attached Application form
from link below
and email to:
Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2018
We regret that we shall be unable to acknowledge receipt of the form but should you wish to confirm that we have received your application, please call our office at tel. +66 3571921.
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application letter and completed application form.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org