- Ensure that key internal communications messages and products of WVFT are skillfully develop ped and articulated.
- Support NO executive leadership in communicating areas of their work that create shared understanding and support.
- Serve as a consistent, creative and timely information source to the WV Partnership on key areas of WVFT ministry – development, relief and advocacy – and their specific sectors.
- Establish systems and safeguards for the appropriate and effective flows of relevant information to and from WVFT staff both internally and externally as/when required.
- Consult and network with relevant WVFT “stakeholders” around WV to ensure that their key information resource needs are being met by WVFT, in compliance with agreed standards, policies and priorities.
Donor/Public Engagement Communications Management:
- Manage the planning and production of compelling and issues-oriented advocacy and publicity materials, ie: video, pictures, stories for effective donor and public engagement by WVFT – both in-country and internationally, and in collaboration with other World Vision Offices if/as appropriate.
- Ensure that stories, photos and other materials are produced to standards of quality required for informing, educating and engaging said donors and publics via online and offline communications channels.
Media Communications Management:
- Contact and work with print and broadcast media to generate proactive and positive news coverage.
- Prepare and position the National Director for important media opportunities and interviews that promote the organisation’s public image.
- Identify, train and position other media spokespersons within WVFT as to respond to media inquiries and achieving positive coverage.
- Monitor national media and establish the overall capacity of WVFT to initiate and respond to media requests.
- Develop a communications crisis plan for implementation if/as needed to protect the organisation’s reputation from actual or potential media crises.
Emergency Communications Management:
- Plan and manage communications in response to both slow- and rapid-onset emergency disaster/relief situations – ensuring that the WV Partnership is provided with quality stories, photos and media interviews from the field.
- Deploy to disaster zones if/as required to provide national and international media with information, interviews and assistance in the field.
- Ensure that the communications team has all key tools and training required for rapid deployments to and communications from the field for extended periods of time.