Job Title:Supply Chain Manager
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Coordinator, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all procurement, warehousing and property inventory, equipment and asset, and fleet coordination across all field sites ensuring the appropriate safeguarding of all IRC assets and provide logistics support and training to relevant IRC Thailand staff. This position will require regular travel to provide technical back stopping support to the field-based logistics staff and provision on oversight to ensure compliance to IRC and donor policy and procedure.
- Responsible for setting up and management long term agreements (Master Purchase Agreements). Update list on a regular basis and circulate to relevant staff.
- Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, and anti-terrorism compliance) for Suppliers and Contracted Suppliers.
- Focal point for ATC clearances from all field offices with Compliance Unit and monthly update ATC for Authorized and Contracted Suppliers list, and also distribute to concerned people.
- Manage MPA Suppliers in terms of quality, delivery time, and value for money, etc.
- Conduct regular market surveys in key procurement categories to ensure that IRC is receiving best value for money.
- Focal point for all international procurement conducted through IRC headquarters and regional offices.
- Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes.
- Conduct and support tender Process for Thailand Program including tender evaluation, negotiation with winning bidders, drafting contracts and oversight of contracts.. and release and distribute Procurement Threshold twice a year in March and September to all IRC staff.
- Support procurement function to manage with Logistics Service Provider and Personal Effect companies for distribution and transportation of goods and services.
- Effectively manage suppliers and vendors according to contract, quality & delivery, selection system, performance rating), auditing, etc.
- Consolidate all PR tracking reports from each site and send to Sr. Operations Coordinator for review and onward submission to IRC Global Supply Chain Unit.
- Analyze PR tracking reports from all sites, noting any significant delays in procurement. Provide analysis and recommendations for improvement to Sr. Operations Coordinator for further discussion and action.
- Provide monthly procurement projections to the finance department based on procurements ready for payment in the following 30 days.
- Provide procurement commitment reports to finance department on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all procurement records are complete and clearly document all steps in the Procurement process according to IRC and donor policies and procedures..
- Ensure Procurement documentation is continually updated on a daily basis to ensure the documentation on file reflects the progress of each procurement action.
- Ensure procurement files are transferred and archived at off- site storage facility when appropriate.
- Ensure that compliance with policies is documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and logistics records.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure there are no negative audit observations/findings related to Logistics. If required, corrective actions plans are developed & implemented to address audit findings.
- Ensure that all IRC Thailand practices are compliant with global IRC and donor policies.
- Identify and report on any procurement red flags. Provide training to Procurement Tender Committee on red flags.
Asset and Property Management
- Manage all IRC Thailand asset spot checks and asset movements in all sites ensuring all reports generated by Field Logistics staff are correct, completed on a monthly/quarterly basis and submitted to BKK Logistics.
- Manage BKK Office annual Asset and Property counts and update Master Asset register as appropriate.
- Provide consolidated Master Asset reports to Finance Controller and Senior Operations Coordinator on a quarterly basis or upon request for annual global insurance updates, and yearly physical asset counts.
- Ensure all asset are tagged and asset lists are kept up to date and all details of assets (ID number, cost, location, user and grant purchased from) are recorded properly in all sites
- Maintenance and repair of assets, and tracking of related costs.
- Ensure updates of asset & property disposals in all sites on a monthly basis.
- Ensure office furniture specifications are standardized in all sites.
- Transportation and Vehicle Management
- Review all vehicles plate registration, compulsory insurance and 3rd party insurance payments, due date and costs calculated.
- Consolidate and review all vehicle reports and data log sheets by coordinating with all sites to ensure all reports are accurate and filed appropriately. Maintain Prologs-Vehicle module in all sites and ensure information is updated on a monthly basis.
- Ensure optimal utilization of IRC BKK vehicle fleet and drivers and provide solutions for vehicle-related issues including vehicle scheduling, daily vehicle movements and maintenance, etc.
- Analyze reports related to vehicle fuel consumption, vehicle maintenance schedules, fleet capacity and operating cost for all sites and feedback to field Logistics on a monthly basis.
- Warehouse & Inventory Management
- Maintain the Prologs Warehouse Inventory management module in coordination with logistic officers in all sites.
- Ensure warehouses inventories are recorded accurately on a regular basis in Prologs System.
- Work with field-based logistics staff to ensure regular Spot Checks, Monthly 20% Cycle Counting, Warehouse Inspections are conducted for all warehouse sites, both inside and outside refugee camps.
- Lead fiscal year end and grant end inventory counts in all sites and assist field sites with these counts where necessary.
- Provide field logistics teams with technical support in respect to appropriate processes for ordering, receiving, distributing, stocking and updating of all warehouse inventories.
- Ensure adequate drug storage and cold chain management for health supplies as per Pharma S.O.Ps.
- Provide drug and non-drug inventory information for the monthly Global Supply Chain report.
- Training and Outreach
- Identify training needs in the areas of Inventory, Asset and Vehicle management in each field site.
- Lead refresher training programs for field Logistics staff in the areas of Inventory, Asset and Vehicle management and are updated with new procedures, IRC global initiatives as necessary.
- Conduct Prologs training in all sites for Warehouse, Asset & Vehicle modules.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Operations Coordinator
- Degree in logistics management, administration or related field.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the area of technical skill training.
- At least four years’ experience in logistics and supply chain management including with an international NGO and in field locations preferably with experience in designing and managing complex transportation systems.
- Experience working with rules and regulations of major international donors.
- Experience working in complex and rapidly changing operating environments.
- Systems-focused, results-driven, positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and a focus on team building.
- Good MS Office skills i.e. Excel and Word and database skills.
- Professional proficiency English and Thai. Working Environment: The position will be based in the IRC office in Bangkok, regularly required to travel to field offices. HOW TO APPLY: All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.Application letter and most recent CV in English stating qualifications and experience should be submitted to the IRC Human Resources Department at Thailand.HR@rescue.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 16 March 2018