Job Vacancy Announcement (RE-POST)
Finance and Admin Officer
Work location: Mae Sot, Thailand
Application deadline: 31 July 2018
Job start: As soon as possible after application deadline
Dreamlopments Ltd (DLP), registered in Thailand since 2015, is a social enterprise, a non-profit mission-driven company working on aid and development for underserved communities.
Dreamlopments is running in Tak province the Migrant Fund (M-Fund), a project of low-cost
not-for-profit health insurance for migrants. The project started in August 2017, and is currently in a phase of scale-up in the project area.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Finance and Admin Officer (FAO) to support operation activities for scaling up of the M-FUND project.
The FAO is a crucial member of the M-Fund team. He/she works directly with, and reports to, the M-Fund Project Manager. He/she also works closely with other M-Fund Officers, Community Workers and Volunteers, healthcare services providers and other partners, government offices, and M-Fund beneficiaries as needed. The overall responsibilities of the FAO are to support the administrative management of the M-Fund, the accounting, reporting, procurement, the organization of trainings, travel, as well as office management and project logistics.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Accounting and finance
- Support the Manager and Officers to record and follow all the project spending.
- Collecting membership fees from community workers.
- Review ongoing hospital claims expenses, and enter them in the M-FUND application.
- Keep and organize invoices, bills, payment receipts, process payments of bills, and organize bank transfer.
- Work with the M-Fund monthly accounting processes, in liaison with the DLP head office in Bangkok (e.g. providing accounting files, invoices, bills, bank statements).
- Maintain and organize M-Fund documents.
- Support DLP head office or the M-Fund team to update, as needed, policies and Standard Operating Procedures for the organization (e.g. procurement policies, human resources policies, organizational chart).
- Maintain inventory and documentation of the organization equipment.
- Support the team to prepare presentations on the project.
- Keep staff employment documentation (contracts, visa/work permits as applicable, leave) and apply for work permits for staff for who it is required.
- Support the Manager, officers and community workers and partners to get quotations for project purchases, select vendors, pay and follow delivery of project materials.
- Purchase office supplies.
Travel and meetings
- Support Manager and other team members to organize project promotion activities, meetings and trainings: prepare agenda, invite participants, select meeting venue, coordinate travel bookings, prepare minutes.
- Coordinates travels (itinerary, hotel and flight bookings, visa applications when needed) for the Manager, other study staff and partners.
- Work on other administrative and logistic tasks, as directed by the Manager.
This position is for Thai nationals only.
- Degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- At least 5-year experience in positions of Project Assistant or Finance Officer (or equivalent).
- Prior experience working with Government Hospitals and Offices, NGOs and donor-funded projects a strong plus.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, basic accounting practices, grants management.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent Thai and good command of English. Knowledge of Burmese language a strong plus.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks and manage demanding schedules to deliver high quality results on time.
- Good proficiency in computer software, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Service minded, flexible approach to working hours.
- Interest in development and assistance projects, including for marginalized populations.
The position is based in Mae Sot, and may require some travel to implementing partner sites in Phop Pra, Mae Ra Ma and Myanmar.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter & up to date CV in English to: email@example.com
Dreamlopments is an equal opportunity employer