Project Research and Monitoring Officer (Based in Bangkok)
The Research and Monitoring Officer will be responsible for conducting ongoing health & social research including M&E activities in Raks Thai Foundation’s Program Quality Department. The position will work with respective program leads and quality assurance team to ensure projects are implemented efficiently and effectively, and demonstrating impact to the target beneficiaries. This includes designing research tools, monitoring implementation, maintaining accurate project databases, and interpreting evidence to inform programmatic decision-making. Specific duties may include:
* Develop and improve monitoring frameworks and associated indicators
* Monitor project activity implementation and progress toward achieving outcomes by Raks Thai’s sub-offices and sub-recipients.
* Develop tools to collect qualitative and quantitative evidence and engage in research. This includes site-visits to oversee use of tools by field implementing staff.
* Suggest strategies to the respective project leads for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying barriers to success and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such barriers
* Contribute to routine donor reporting according to specific project timelines by drafting reports, analyzing data, providing input, recommendations.
* Willingness to engage in broader organizational development and support M&E capacity building of colleagues and partner organizations.
* Support the development of new project proposals and communication with prospective donors.
* Perform other duties as required
* Bachelor degree or higher in public health, statistics, social science, data science, international development or related field.
* At least 2-3 years of experience in project management including project design, and monitoring and evaluation - preferably with CSOs or INGOs.
* Experience in health or social research which includes development of methodology and research tools – preferably with CSOs or INGOs.
* Demonstrated understanding of and experience working on development projects relating to HIV, TB and Malaria. Experience in reproductive health, migration, and human rights will be an advantage.
* Fluency in spoken and written Thai and English
* Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E plans.
* Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports * Proven capacity to conduct evidence-based research and apply good practices to improve program implementation. * Strong computer skills and expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
* Demonstrated ability to conduct capacity building, and facilitation of M&E activities including focus groups, interviews, and population surveys.
* Having broad interest in social issues especially the plight of key populations (PWID, MSM, migrants, sex workers) and their rights.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org / 081-8708993