Responsible Recruitment Partnership Specialist
USAID Asia Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Project
Location: Bangkok, Thailand or elsewhere in the South/Southeast Asia region
Resonance is a woman-owned, SBA-certified small disadvantaged 8(a) business delivering market-based solutions to solve the world’s toughest challenges. We help clients unlock opportunity in emerging markets by designing action-based strategies, forging strategic partnerships, and executing across sector boundaries. Since 2005, we have built over 300 partnerships in over 60 countries.
Resonance seeks candidates for a Responsible Recruitment Partnership Specialist (RRPS) for the five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Asia CTIP project, for which Winrock International is the prime implementing organization and Resonance is a sub-implementer leading private sector engagement (PSE) and partnership development. USAID Asia CTIP is a regional project funded through USAID’s Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) which is entering year four of implementation.
The RRPS will be based in Winrock’s office in Bangkok, Thailand (or, if the RRPS is remote, they will work closely with the Bangkok-based staff), and will lead PSE efforts with the primary focus of supporting responsible recruitment of workers within and across borders in Asia in order to reduce the prevalence of trafficking in persons. They will work closely with Resonance’s Senior Private Sector Engagement Specialist (SPSES) currently supporting PSE and partnership development on behalf of the project to support a coordinated and impactful approach to PSE. The vision of success for this position is that, through PSE and partnership development, the RRPS will help reduce the demand for, and use of, exploitive labor among recruiters, businesses, and employers in Asia.
The RRPS will support implementation of the project’s PSE strategy and work plan (with a specific focus on responsible recruitment) and coordinate reporting requirements. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the USAID Asia CTIP SPSES, the USAID Asia CTIP Chief of Party, Resonance home office, and other key stakeholders to execute a coordinated and impactful approach to PSE and partnership development to support the objective of USAID Asia CTIP to reduce human trafficking in Asia;
- Work with recruitment agencies, migrant worker groups, local private sector and other relevant stakeholders in Asia in the agriculture/fishing, construction, and domestic work sectors (and potentially other priority sectors as needed) and strategize interventions for PSE to promote and support responsible recruitment of workers;
- Work with recruitment agencies, migrant worker groups, private companies and sector/industry groups to improve their capacity to employ ethical and just labor recruitment practices in the supply chains of key sectors (including agriculture/fishing, construction, and domestic work);
- Support USAID CTIP bilateral projects in Thailand, Nepal, Laos, Bangladesh, Cambodia, and potential others to coordinate strategic interventions and initiatives that promote responsible recruitment;
- Support gathering and documentation of key learnings and knowledge sharing;
- Design and deliver capacity building for local stakeholders on responsible recruitment and other relevant CTIP issues, as needed;
- Provide high-quality written technical inputs to the project team’s work plan, quarterly and annual reports, and other technical/reporting documents;
- Train program staff as needed on effective approaches to PSE, as needed;
- Input into the project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on PSE activities, in collaboration with project Monitoring and Evaluation Manager;
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders such as other donor-funded projects, business associations, NGOs, government representatives, etc.;
- Travel within the Asia region to support project activities;
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Advanced degree in economics, business, international relations, social science, political science, or other related field;
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, ideally including work on issues related to the intersection of business and international development (experience relevant to designing and/or implementing safe migration initiatives, responsible recruitment and/or worker related initiatives in the agriculture, construction and/or domestic work sectors would be a distinct advantage);
- Demonstrated experience leading PSE and public-private partnerships;
- Expertise in responsible recruitment, safe migration, human rights and/or human trafficking in the Asia region;
- Experience conducting research and policy analysis, preferably in regards to migration and recruitment policies;
- Experience working with stakeholders across the public, private and non-profit sectors, and an existing network of contacts in the Asia region to draw upon with respect to public-private partnerships for development;
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private, public, and civil society sector stakeholders required;
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
- Proven experience developing high-quality written deliverables, such as project concept notes, work plans, and programmatic reports;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required, and proficiency in Thai, Burmese, Khmer, and/or other migrant worker languages is highly preferred.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Asia CTIP Responsible Recruitment Partnership Specialist” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator