USAID GREEN INVEST ASIA
Title: Program and Research Assistant
Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party
Type of appointment: Full-time
Starting date: October 2019 (estimated)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Pact is recruiting a full-time staff to support the USAID Green Invest Asia project, a technical assistance facility working to catalyze private investment for sustainable agriculture and forest landscapes across Asia. By 2022, USAID Green Invest Asia aims to mobilize $400 million of private finance for sustainable production in agriculture and forestry that will result in a reduction or sequestration of 25 million tons CO2e of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. We currently operate across Southeast Asia with an initial focus on Cambodia, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to program delivery and implementation in relation to event design and management, outreach, and research on topics related to agriculture and forestry commodities, sustainable sourcing, and/or monitoring carbon emissions which may be used for feasibility studies, partnership development with companies and other project activities. The position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party of USAID Green Invest Asia.
- Support regional and national-level event design and delivery, including preparing event workplans and concept notes, coordinate with office administration and finance teams, follow up with speakers and co-organizers, tracking progress, conducting relevant background research, and contributing to event write-up as well as pre- and post-event communication material preparation and distribution
- Assist in market research and feasibility studies development. Topics may include but not limited to sustainable production in coffee, cocoa, coconut, rice, rubber, biomass, teak, sustainability-linked loans, and sustainable sourcing.
- Contribute to the development of new partnership and /or strengthening existing ones with financial institution and business in Asia
- Update client database in Salesforce
- Provide support in design and implementation of projects with financial institutions and business partners principally on sustainable sourcing and carbon footprint
- Coordinate with administrative and technical team members
- Support with other duties as assigned
- Thai Nationals only
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, sustainability, international relations, natural sciences or other relevant subject
- At least 1 year of relevant work / internship experiences in business sustainability, sustainable investment, agriculture and forestry or related fields
- Positive interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience working in multi-national teams
- Demonstrated research skills
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Strong analytical skills
- Adaptive and client-focused attitude
- Ability to travel in Southeast Asia (<20%)
- Previous experience working with donor-funded program and/or impact investment/business regional platforms is preferred
- Familiarity with the use of Salesforce, and LinkedIn, preferred
- Knowledge of sustainable sourcing, sustainable agriculture and forestry, sustainable investment and/or carbon footprint concept is an advantage
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to Pact Thailand Human Resources Unit via firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
ผู้ช่วย / Assistantนักวิจัย / Researcher