Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Administrative Clerk
Duty Station : Mae Sot, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (UG), (THB 15,000 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, 6-month with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 October 2019
Reference Code : CFCV047/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Global Fund (Malaria) Field Coordinator and general supervision of Project Coordinator, the incumbent will provide assistance in coordination and implementation activities associated with the Global Fund RAI2E Project.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure the proper documentation of all financial transactions related to RAI2E Project in Mae Hong Son province, particularly on:
- Preparation of vouchers and all documentations required for accounting purposes.
- Review and costing of field staff travel expense claims.
- Closure of project monthly accounts and facilitating transfer of files to the Finance Administrative Assistant in Bangkok Office.
- Assist in the procurement, distribution, storage, maintenance, accounting and recording of goods, services and materials required by RAI2E Project as per IOM logistical/procurement procedures and in coordination with the Project Procurement Assistant in the Bangkok Office.
- Assist in monitoring project field budget utilization in coordination with the Finance Administrative Assistant in Bangkok Office.
- Assist in facilitating timely payment and disbursement of funds to any group or entities as approved by the Project Manager.
- Assist in the translation, photocopying and filing of documents as required.
- Support the field team members in making financial arrangements for meetings, trainings, workshops, outreach activities, etc.
- Organize travel arrangement for field team members as necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Academic background in business administration, accounting, finance or related field.
- At least 2-year work experience in the field of business administration, finance or accounting;
- Previous work experience in social work particularly in dealing with vulnerable groups; and development and social welfare projects, especially related to migrant issues.
- Previous work experience for non-governmental organizations, international governmental organizations is an advantage.
- Flexible and willing to travel for work assignment.
- Work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds and respect of diversity.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in Thai and proficient in English, both in written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and reliability in time management and schedule organization.
- Team-work oriented, capacity to work independently; sensitive to gender issues, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Fluency in Thai and good command of English. Ability to communicate in Karen, Burmese or Shan is an advantage
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by October 15, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code CFCV047/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 01.10.2019 to 15.10.2019
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer