Raks Thai Foundation, a member of CARE International, has been working in Thailand since 1979 in the area of emergency relief, community natural resources management, education and HIV / AIDS prevention and care for affected families and promoting livelihood. Raks Thai’s vision is “A Civil Society, with improved quality of life, rights and equality. Where people determine their own destinies and development is sustainable. Raks Thai will empower people everywhere it works. Raks Thai is now looking for
Program Officer - Advocacy (Based in Bangkok)
The operation of this position will be under the supervision of Director of Program Quality Department, Raks Thai Foundation. Policy advocacy officer will lead the policy advocacy strategy, along with the strategic communications to increase the public awareness or to advocate for policy change regarding to the issues and challenges affecting program population. The scopes and responsibilities include: 1) the development of policy advocacy strategy and advocacy planning and campaign; 2) conducting the policy research/analysis and collecting policy-relevant information to improve the judgements of policy makers; 3) developing a communication plan and capacity building activity to support project staff and project partners to ensure the effective communication for policy change. S/he will also work closely with project team and project partners, media relations, policy makers, as well as stakeholders and decision makers from across society to advocate for policy changes.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Public Policy, Policy Study, Policy Analysis, Public Administration, Political Science, Communication, Mass Communications & Journalism or relevant fields from reputed university.
- Experience: At least 3 years of relevant experiences in public policy, policy analysis, policy development or policy advocacy for policy change.
-Experience in providing communication packages to raise public awareness, as well as developing policy dialogue, communication strategy and tools for advocacy and campaign.
- Capable of applying multidisciplinary approach for multiple method of inquiry for policy advocacy.
- Passionate in driving a systemic change and working with multi-layer partners: policy makers, government administrators, Non-profit implementers, etc.
- Strong understanding in social development and policy analysis process.
- Strong communications and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills,
-Good skills in using computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
-Good skills in facilitation, teamwork and coordination.
-Knowledge in HIV, harm reduction and Migrant health and domestic financing are preferred.
-Languages: Spoken and written fluency in English and Thai
Interested person should send your application letter with current resume, and expected salary to:
Human Resource Department, Raks Thai Foundation
185 Pradipat Rd., Pradipat Soi 6, Samsennei, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 or
Contact : email@example.com / 02-0147322 ต่อ 102-105