Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC provides essential services to displaced populations in areas such as health, protection and advocacy, education and livelihoods, and institutional capacity building. IRC also seeks to create partnerships between Thai non-governmental organizations, Myanmar community-based organizations, and provincial authorities in order to strengthen community-level interventions that improve access to fundamental health, education, livelihoods, and protection services.
Under the direct supervision of Operations Officer, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for Perform administrative activities associated with Operations Department as assigned and assist the Operations Officer in the implementation of the maintenance of office equipment overall day-to-day office administration to ensure that all services, facilities and utilities are in good condition at all times.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Operations Officer
Technical Oversight/ Support by: Senior Human Resources and Administration Officer
Technical Oversight/ Support to: Programs and Operations Staff
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC operations unit, IRC programs unit
External: Vendors, Hotel and Travel Agencies
Education: Bachelor degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and/or operational support role
- Experience in working with NGO is an advantage
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Quick learner with the interest and ability to assume new roles on a frequent basis
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of filing methods and record keeping to maintain accurate information in alphabetical, chronological, and/or numerical order
- Detail oriented
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to exercise judgment and initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to respond quickly to program needs
- Computer literate with strong word processing skills
- Willingness to help and high levels of initiative
- Good command of written and spoken Thai and English is required
- Knowledge of Karen and/or Burmese is desirable.
Working Environment: The position will be based in Mae Sot District, Tak Province, with sometime travel to Mae La, Umpiem and Nupo Temporary Shelter in Tak.
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer
If you are interested, Please apply via link below:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 14 November 2019
Contact : Human Resources Department