Winrock International is looking for assistance with development and redesign of in-house applications for few business functions: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), volunteers data management, etc. The two main roles we envision to support this effort include a Sr. Software Engineer to analyze, design, develop and provide initial application support and a Business Analyst/Project manager to gather the requirements, document the processes, conduct the project implementation and deployment.
The engagement will be managed by Winrock ICT Department and working in close cooperation with ICT Technical Lead based in Manila and functional leads in the respective business teams world-wide.
The job descriptions for the consultants we expect to be utilized as part of this engagement are below:
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to provide application development expertise at the direction of the Technical Lead and working together with the Business Analyst/Project Manager. The Senior Software Engineer will perform the full range of activities including planning, design and implementation, enhancements, testing, release deployment, documentation and hand over to in-house team for ongoing support. This work is intended to develop in-house supported applications related to different business areas like Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Volunteers Technical Assistance (VTA), etc.
- Performs and co-leads the planning of in-house developed and other supported applications and databases by providing estimates, technical analysis and expertise, translating business requirements for well-defined scope.
- Performs and co-leads the design of new and existing in-house software applications & databases by developing application/database prototypes, code and modules based on the functional and technical requirements.
- Drives and enhances the implementation of new and existing in-house software applications & databases by developing application/database prototypes, code and modules based on the functional and technical requirements.
- Identifies the enhancements of existing in-house software applications & databases by developing application/database code, scripts, modules and other improvements requested by the Technical Lead Software Engineer or recommend changes that will allow optimization of the existing processes through automation.
- Guides unit testing activities.
- Drives and enhances application & databases release deployments.
- Enhances the development and maintenance of technical documentation, Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Standardization.
- Performs applications (both internal and third-party) install, tune and diagnostic activities.
- Performs and Co-lead the applications maintenance, both in-house and purchased, by implementing updates, feature enchantments, upgrades, etc. on regular basis by following the manufacture update schedule and the organization upgrade/update processes as directed by the Technical Lead.
- Performs and Co-leads the application performance monitoring and tuning at the direction of the Technical Lead.
- Enhances the effort of developing new or modification of existing reports, following guidance of the Technical Lead.
- Be an escalation point for existing software applications & databases support, both in-house developed and other supported business applications, including incidents on a 24x7 coverage by anticipate/prevent, identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Be an escalation point for application & database user management for creating new user, onboarding, backend roles assignment and user deactivation.
- Assists the Project Manager with application & database trainings. When necessary conduct the trainings.
Communication Skills - Must have a strong command of English language, both in oral and written communications and must be able to convey and articulate opinions, cascade accurate information and technical work requirements in a manner that can be understood by all types of internal clients.
- Analytical Skill - Must have a strong problem-solving skill to get to get the root cause of issues and resolve them and must have solid organization skills with the ability to analyze data.
- Self-learning and Self-Upskilling Attitude - Be able to upskill oneself to the needed technology to deliver value to the organization need and provide up-to date solution in technology.
- Problem Sensitivity Aptitude - Must have the ability to identify potential problems or setbacks, evaluate the situation and provide probable solution.
- Information Ordering Skill - Must have the ability to organize thoughts critically and methodically when faced in unfamiliar problems, uncertainties, questions or dilemmas.
- I am Competent - I have specialized knowledge in the areas assigned to me and demonstrate this expertise to others within the institution.
- I am a Team Player - I work cohesively towards achieving our common goals. I create a positive working atmosphere and support my teammates. I offer my individual strengths to enhance Winrock's overall team performance.
- I am Quality Driven - Strive to excel, to stand out and to surpass the expectation of business partners, while listening to their needs and deliver on that by doing it right the first time.
- I am Responsive - In every interaction with my business partners I’m always clear about how responsive I’m going to be. I understand how responsive others need me to be. I express how responsive I want others to be. I am proactive when I can’t respond in a timely manner.
- I am Ethical - The performance is in accordance with the rules and standards of the profession, Winrock's ethics and values, and in support of Winrock's mission.
- Customer Focused - I understand who my business partners are, and I am obsessed about exceeding their expectations with each interaction.
- A Professional - I conduct myself in a professional manner at all times, I get the job done, I’m reliable, and keep my promises. I manage expectations early on in order to avoid unreasonable demands.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft certification in relation to web development is a plus
- Any financial classes or degree is a plus
- 5+ years of proven experience with relational databases using MS SQL Server with creation and optimization of complex SQL database and scripts.
- 5+ years of experience with interface design; using Bootstrap, jQuery, CSS/HTML.
- 5+ year of experience using Visual Studio IDE 2015,2017, and 2019.
- Proven experience with MS Azure platform knowledge and expertise for Web Apps.
- 5+ years’ experience in MS Azure via IaaS, or PaaS development and deploying to production.
- 5+ years of experience with Single Sign On (SSO) implementation using MS Active Directory and/or Azure AD.
- 3+ experience creating and modifying PowerShell scripts for On-Prem and/or Azure.
- Proven experience with SSIS Development and Deployment.
- Proven experience with cross browser troubleshooting and resolution expertise
- Previous expertise in database Concurrency, Encryption, and Auditing.
- Knowledge of Agile software development life cycle.
- Experience in QA and QA automation.
- Must be able to write thorough and concise functional and design specification.
- Proven experience in providing technical assistance during requirements gathering
- Ask question and provide alternate solution based on the functional requirements.
- Provides an algorithm to base on the requirements.
- Expert in developing technical documentation.
- Expert in development of standard operating procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting and issue investigations.
- Additional experience and a willingness to learn other web development environments.
- Customer service skills for tier 2 and 3 support/ troubleshooting.
- Able to transfer knowledge and skillset to team members and users.
- A positive and resilient mindset.
- Deliver result in a systemic and fast phased approach making sure that requirements are met.
- Excellent communicate written and oral in English.
- Present system to small group of audience.
- SSAS Development and Deployment.
- Experience in deployment automation (CI and/or CD) via Azure Dev Ops Pipeline.
- Other: .Net Experience.
- 4-6 months with possibility to extend
- Mid shift (4 pm – 1 am Manila time)
- On site
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Consultant - Senior Software Engineer in the subject line to Careers.PH@winrock.org by November 22, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
ไอที / ITที่ปรึกษา / Consultant