The Borderland Health Foundation (BHF) is a non-for-profit, non-religious and non-political organization, registered in Thailand. BHF links to field stations of the Mahidol-Oxford University Research Unit (SMRU Clinics) which are located in Mae Sot, Mae Ramat, Phro Phra, Tha Song Yang and Umphang districts in Tak province, Thailand. BHF works with marginalized populations along Thailand-Myanmar border by focusing on health care services and public health issues with its focus on malaria, tuberculosis, and maternal and child health.
BHF is currently looking for:
Job title: Fundraiser
Location: Bangkok. The person may occasionally be required to travel.
Starting date: January 2020
Develop and implement funding strategies in accordance with Foundation’s objectives and long-term plan
- To undertake a mapping exercise to identify potential source of funding as well as alternative resources for long-term sustainability, such as income generation, social enterprises, or ideas for effective resource mobilization, and regularly report findings to line manager and senior managers.
- To compile, maintain, and update a database of international and local donor agencies.
- To develop fundraising strategy with a feasible work plan for raising unrestricted income, which should maximize contributions and minimize costs.
- To regularly monitor donor websites and identify donor opportunities matching the objectives of the foundation.
- To develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, online auctions and merchandise sales.
Maintain relationships with donors and coordinate for proposal development in order to apply new funding
- To deepen existing donor relationships, ensuring with effectively maintaining communications and good relations with Foundation’s donors by providing they the timely updates of Foundation’s work progress and main achievements.
- To ensure that accurate information is maintained on application submissions, previous and ongoing projects, and donors.
- To identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- To coordinate the proposal writing for grants, with support from line manager and other team members and ensure timely submissions and compliance to donor guidelines.
Manage Foundation’s media presence to increase our profile and visibility
- To maintain the foundation’s website and other social media and regularly provide updates regarding current work and achievement.
- To organize or lead in organizing any fundraising event based on foundation’s objectives.
- To represent the foundation at meetings and events assigned by line manager.
- To act as focal contact for donors or visitors to the foundation
- To lead developing marketing/communications material e.g. brochure, website, annual report, and poster.
- At least Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, business administration or NGO management or related field
- At least 5 years in fundraising or marketing or communications in either profit or non-profit sector with relevant experience in donor or customer management
- Experience on working with variety of stakeholders including foundations, NGOs, and government authorities
- Good understanding of multi-cultural environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to maintain a CMS website
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Thai and comfortable in English
How to apply
Application letter and most recent CV should be submitted to email@example.com or
The Borderland Health Foundation, 68/30 Bantung Road, Mae Sot, Tak 63110
Deadline for application: 30 November 2019
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
ระดมทุน / Fundraising