Job title: SCOPE Regional Second Level Support/Business Analyst
Vacancy Number: 107217
Contract type: Service Contract
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
The World Food Programme has developed and is continuing to enhance and maintain a set of digital to help in managing: the identities and entitlements of its beneficiaries, the operational parameters of the programmes that transfer benefits to them, and the assurances and insights to ensure related risks are properly managed.
This includes SCOPE, WFP’s beneficiary and transfer management platform that supports the WFP programme intervention cycle from a technical perspective. The SCOPE platform is a web-based application used for beneficiary registration, intervention setup, distribution planning, transfer and distribution reporting. While there is a current focus and scale-up/enhancement related to cash-based transfers, SCOPE is intended and being developed to fully support all WFP transfer modalities: in-kind, voucher and cash for a variety of project activities. WFP also plans to develop a broader digital assistance platform and provide related services beyond the current SCOPE capabilities over the next couple of years.
To support SCOPE users in their ability to maximize the SCOPE platform, there is a dedicated Service Support function servicing the globe. The SCOPE Service Support (Operations) team is based in Nairobi, Kenya with extended presence in each of WFP’s regional bureaux (RB). The team provides technical support to over 3000 WFP users in 60 Country Offices (CO) as well as to external users.
To ensure the effective operation of the Service Operations function, additional SCOPE Regional Support positions are required at the Regional Bureau. This position will cover a second level support/business analyst role
- With a dedicated focus in the region and its context, but where also relevant globally, the incumbent will be responsible to:
- Log all relevant incidents/service requests details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes.
- Work on the service desk “Follow the sun” shift as per Service Operations procedures.
- Provide troubleshooting and validation of incidents as second line support to the WFP Country Offices in general but specifically to the COs in their respective regions.
- Provide accurate and timely diagnosis and rectification of faults reported by the CO team or Service Operations team.
- Resolve or escalate incidents and service requests according to established procedures.
- Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support issues and the highest possible levels of end user satisfaction.
- Participate together with the SCOPE Service Support team in testing release candidates.
- Assist in writing region-specific application usage and troubleshooting guidance instructions when applicable.
- Manage high severity incidents, to ensure the correct reporting, escalation and resolution
- Perform initial analysis for Incidents that can become Change Requests or Problems.
- Report to the Regional Digital Assistance officer together with the Senior RSS, on issues that require higher level escalation.
- Respond to incident requests within Service Level Agreements (SLA) timelines
- Perform testing and executes test plans
- Work within the rules, guidelines, principles and deadlines of the SCOPE agile (Scrum) solution process
- Work within the rules, guidelines, principles of ITIL service management
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor.
Secondary School completion is required.
A University degree in information technology, business management or other relevant field, or related trainings is desirable and would be an advantage. Training and knowledge of business analysis methodologies would be an asset.
At least 6 years of progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian aid operations and/or project management or change management, preferably in an IT context.
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of IT Service Management processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Access and Configuration Management, according to ITIL v.3 best practices.
- Experience on business analysis troubleshooting procedures, such as diagnose and rectification of errors.
- Customer oriented oral and written communication skills.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website and follow the instructions to register
Qualified female and qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org