Objectives and Scope of Work
The Dawna Tenasserim Landscape is a treasure trove of biodiversity. The Western Forest Complex in the Thailand side of the Dawna Tenasserim, harbours the largest population of tigers within the Greater Mekong. The Dawna Tenasserim as a whole is a global priority for the conservation of tigers, leopards, and other cat species. The Dawna Tenasserim is also a stronghold for Asian elephants in a region where elephant populations are steeply declining. As many as 1,600 Asian elephants may roam the Dawna Tenasserim’s forests. As the scope of the overall and transboundary program expands, further staffing is required to provide support to the DTL Transboundary Manager, particularly in the work in Thailand
Major duties and responsibilities
- Liaising with key partners, particularly in Thailand, including CSOs, NGOs and government actors.
- Collecting and supporting sharing of tiger related data in Thailand DTL.
- Contributing to stakeholder mapping of key stakeholder groups within the DTL and building linkages with Karen and other ethnic minority groups that span across the Myanmar – Thailand border.
- Presenting on and promoting DTL to stakeholders and public as required.
- Engaging with Thai DTL program staff in supporting a whole landscape vision and strategy.
- Conducting research in Thai language as needed to produce reports and summaries for use in fundraising and reporting materials.
- Supporting the logistical organization of meetings, events, travel, etc. in Thailand and outside as well as supporting financial processing where appropriate.
- Facilitate field site visits for monitoring of progress of DTL program support as needed.
- University degree in social sciences, forestry, conservation, natural resources management, or in relevant fields.
- 5 years’ experience working in forestry and/or forest conservation and management
- 3 years’ experience working in Thailand, India and or Southeast Asia
- 3 years’ experience working at local community or CSO level
- Report writing in Thai, preferably in English
- Community engagement, advocacy
firstname.lastname@example.org or +662-618-4303
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator