Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls. We are fully committed to the gender responsive safeguarding of all children and young people from all form of violence.
Position: YES! DIGITAL Development Manager
Assignment duration: 1 Year Contract with possibility for extension.
Duty station: Bangkok
Over the past five years Plan International has made significant progress in developing digital solutions to tackle complex Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship problems. This progress has resulted in the development of five independent yet integrated, digital products that improve the implementation, training, connection and evaluation of Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship projects across the Plan International Federation. Known as the YES!DIGITAL Ecosystem, this suite of products supports Plans work by enabling and amplifying quality projects, and providing the evidence to improve and expand our current programming.
The purpose of this position is to create a bridge between user centered engaging technology and the complex environments in which Plan International implements its projects. YES! DIGITAL Development Manager will manage a team of people that include owners, AI experts, developers and product implementers. They will also be responsible for executing on the newly developed YES! DIGITAL strategy, which has outlined the Ecosystem’s roadmap for the next 2 years, including it’s potential shift toward an independent entity within the Plan Federation.
- Work closely to support YES! DIGITAL technical experts to achieve their product goals and execute on the YES!DIGITAL Growth and Sustainability Strategy
- Have high level contact and exert effort in building relationships with Global Headquarters (GH), Regional Offices (ROs) and Country Offices (COs) youth employment teams to facilitate pilot and implement value addictive digital solutions.
- Liaise and provide technical support to COs, ICT and NO colleagues regarding potential fundraising opportunities
- Collaborate with the Product Owners in selecting and engaging external vendors in procurement, contracting and project management
- Work closely with the SOYEE Global Lead and YES team members
- Represent Plan at international and global events for advocacy and enhancing brand reputation
- Identify skill gaps and addressing them strategically to meet team’s goals, increase efficiency and opportunity for individual professional growth
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualifications and experience
- Energetic and motivated individual, with a proven track record in delivering innovative digital development
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in dynamic and complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- A balance of vision and execution: ability to see the road ahead and drive to the destination
- Commitment to continuous learning/willingness to adopt and change with the external environment
- Ability to demonstrate success in a high functioning virtual team
- Interpersonal skills that have been developed in physical and virtual working environments
- Strong negotiation, facilitating, representation and influencing skills
- Culturally and socially sensitive, and able to work successfully with partners and sector professionals
- A commitment to gender transformative and inclusive digital development
- Documented experience of five previous Digital Development product implementations
- Documented experience in Mobile first, Human Centered Design and Agile Design Methodologies
- Documented significant fund acquisition achievements
- Documented experience either on software project implementations, application development and/or project risk management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing and supervising small team(s)
- Experience in building staff capacities and maintaining high standards of professionalism among team members.
- Experiencing developing and implementing high-level project strategy
- Experience leading/implementing large scale multi-stakeholder digital development projects
- Ability to prioritize and manage complex and varied workload, often to tight deadlines
- Strong track record for delivery results and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in order to present arguments clearly and powerfully to a variety of audiences;
- Experience of promoting coordination and cooperation with other agencies through networking and alliance building.
- Demonstrated achievement in people management
- Experience in fundraising and new program development
- Understanding and awareness on trending technologies
- Understanding and familiarity on standard regulatory compliance
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 4 Feb 2020
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidate including clearance on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Safeguarding Policy, Anti-Terrorism Screening (ATS) and Criminal Check Record. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : Preedee.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : PREEDEE.ITTIPONG@PLAN-INTERNATIONAL.ORG
นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer