The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helpingpeople to survive,reclaim control of their futureand strengthen theircommunities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The TH Finance Manager provides effective day to day management of the finance and accounting activities of the IRC Ratchaburi province ensuring all transactions processed are in compliance with IRC regulations, policies and procedures. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Responsible for the finance verification of the payment requests which are less or equivalent to US$2,500/- submitted to finance, to ensure that:
- The IRC policies and donor regulations are adhered to.
- Expenses are allowable as per specific donor regulations.
- Budget adequacy before approval
- The charging codes for payments submitted are correct.
- The calculations are correct. (this includes test of the mathematical accuracy of invoices, receipts and supporting documents to payments )
- The relevant supporting documents are attached
- Ensure Payment Request generated by BVA system and cleared by requester after disbursement/liquidation made
Cash and Banking:
- Compile all unpaid payment invoices and prepare payment request vouchers for further processing.
- Review petty cash and bank reconciliations and ensure all records are correct and up-to- date (prepare daily cash flow report).
- Verification of TH office bank account reconciliation
- Verify TH office cash on hand weekly and monthly using the IRC cash counts form.
- Review and verify all purchase requests and purchase payment requests to ensure correct coding and budget availability.
- Perform correct calculation of withholding tax in compliance with the revenue’s rules & regulations
- Review BVAs and provide corrective advice as needed or necessary
- Consolidation of the Ratchaburi province monthly cash flow projections. Coordinate with all Project Coordinators/budget holders to ensure monthly projections are accurate and complete. Submit to Field Coordinator for review before sending to BKK Finance for further processing.
- Organize a filing system for all grants with proposal, contract agreement, reports and other formal/legal transactions
- Reconcile all transactions for expenditure and ensure that accurate records are sent to the Finance Department BKK in accordance with finance reporting schedules
- Preparation of monthly TH shared programcosts journal voucherafter receiving the approved SPC allocation from BKK and send to Field Coordinator for review and submit to BKK for further processing
Training & Outreach
- Conduct finance orientation for all new staff on finance procedures and policies as required
- Ensure all IRC staff follow IRC’s cash, advance and banking policies by education staff through orientation and training.
- Participate in weekly support team and monthly staff meetings and provide necessary and important information.
- Provide advice to colleagues on financial regulations and requirements.
- Ensure compliance and internal control.
Key Working Relationships:
Reports to : Field Coordinator – Tham Hin and Management in Partnership with: Senior Finance Manager in Main Office, Bangkok
University degree in accounting, finance or business administration
7 years of experience in managing financial operations in a private or not-for-profit organization or 10 years or more of work experience in lieu of relevant University Degree
Computer literate with strong excel/ database skills Formal and informal training abilities
Good command of written and spoken English Fluent written and spoken Thai .
Previous experience working with refugees or humanitarian not for profit organization
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer
If you are interested, Please apply via link below:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28 JANUARY 2020
Contact : Human Resources Department