(See detailed Term of Reference at APCOM website / "Work with Us")
APCOM is a not-for-profit regional organisation based in Bangkok, Thailand, representing and working with a network of individuals and community-based organisations across 38 countries in Asia and the Pacific.
APCOM works to improve the health and rights of gay men, other men who have sex with men and SOGIESC people across Asia and the Pacific.
APCOM has a primary focus on HIV because it is a key health issue for gay men and other men who have sex with men in the region. APCOM also address other related health issues for our communities such as sexual health, mental health and drug use.
APCOM also focuses on improving relevant human and legal rights across the region as discrimination, stigma, criminalization and exclusion impact on the health outcomes of the communities we serve.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Finance Officer responsible for maintaining sound financial and accounting systems and controls for the organisation. The role entails performing day to day financial accounting tasks including, processing payments, filing and document retrieval, providing data for report preparation and data input for support in budgeting, financial accounting and reporting of assigned grants.
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Provide and clear staff advances in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Preparing check and get it authorized
- Maintain up to date records accounting transactions and receipts in to the QuickBooks system
- Processing the international payment/fund transfer application
- Notify the supervisor/management of any problems, concerns, feedback, or conflict of interest regarding financial matters.
- Assure the security of finance, payroll, and accounting records.
- Provide support to the Senior Finance officer on matters relating to improvement of financial systems and procedures.
- Working with the team to help with project management and prepare for reports/audits.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Prepare quarterly financial report as per donor requirements, ensuring it is complete, accurate and produced on a time to ensure adequate review, approval and submission to the Project Manager.
- Work with the project team to ensure that all donor related information is disseminated to project, finance and logistics staff as well as partners to enable them to abide by donor rules and regulations
- Prepare and consolidate monthly invoice and expense projection. Analyze differences between the projections and actual spending and submit adjustments as required.
- Ensure financial reports are produced in compliance with donor policies and requirements
- Monitor cash flow, prepare cash flow forecasts (consolidate with partners)
A. Work Environment:
- Encourage team environment within the workplace.
- Team members help each other succeed by providing expertise on different projects and duties to accomplish the each other’s objectives and reach organisation’s goals.
- Actively cultivate working environment which strengthen relationship, trust and teamwork, and increase knowledge and understanding amongst the staff (e.g. initiating informal learning groups, breakfast discussions, organising out-of-office or recreational activities, etc.)
B. Strategic Direction:
- Participate in and contribute to organisational reviews to identify strengths and gaps and to evaluate overall organisational effectiveness in achieving its Strategic Framework: TENACITY 2018-2020;
- Actively contribute recommendations based on lessons learned in implementing projects, and observed emerging regional and global trends in funding landscape and advocacy
- Lead in, participate and contribute to fund mobilization efforts including through proposing innovative ideas for potential projects, or identifying advocacy or intervention gaps at country or region level where APCOM can address;
- Regularly update the organisation’s directory of partners at all levels and actively seek out missing information
- Actively seek out information on programming and interventions, and changes on trends at country levels;
C. Communications and Engagements:
- Develop and/or contribute content to promote organisation’s projects and activities in monthly Newsletters, social media platforms and e-list serves;
- Actively seek out, establish, and maintain effective relationships with communities and networks of key populations, civil society organisations, technical institutions, and relevant stakeholders at country and regional levels;
- Grow and leverage relationships and partnerships with communities and networks of key populations, civil society organisations, technical institutions, and relevant stakeholders at country and regional levels, which can contribute to the strategic direction of the organization;
- Duly represent APCOM in meetings, technical working groups, and conferences in the areas of research and strategic information, demand generation and behavioral change communications, human rights and SOGIESC, and capacity building and technical assistance;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
A university degree in accounting, international financing business administration, development studies or other related studies
- A minimum of five-year working experience in financial background or equivalent professional level or any other related positions
- Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures relating to accounting, financial controls and financial information systems;
- A good knowledge of Thai laws and regulations that have an impact on financial analysis and management controls;
- Experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO) and an international organization;
- Good communicating (Writing, Reading, Speaking) in English
- Thai national
Key Behaviors and Abilities
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, with limited day-to-day support with a sense of humor, and a willingness to take on different projects and tasks as need arises.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills in English with an ability to communicate in another Asian language preferred
- Excellent time management and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines
- Well-developed professionalism, tactfulness, personal discipline and impartiality
- Ability to work as part of a team, sharing information and coordinating efforts within the team
- Ability to solve problems and work independently
- Ability to adapt to effectively working in multi-cultural environment
Demonstrated in both Thai and English (reading, writing and speaking)
Although not essential, APCOM encourages applicants identify as one of the key affected populations for HIV (gay man, bisexual man, MSM, transgender person and/or people living with HIV) or LGBTIQ.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
If you think you have the passion, skills and qualifications for this position and would like to join our team please prepare your application by addressing each point listed in section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’ in the above position description/brief in your cover letter. You are required to state how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications relate to the position. It is recommended that you address each criterion separately in point form. You should use statements with examples that clearly demonstrate your competency in a particular area.
Applicants who fail to demonstrate that they meet the requirements and failure to submit the concept note will not be invited to attend an interview.
Please attach this application along with your CV, covering letter stating your proposed monthly rate and submit to the APCOM Secretariat by emailing JoinUs@apcom.org no later than (please see the closing date on APCOM’s website).
The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview. Where a large number of applicants meet the essential and desirable requirements, only those applicants who most strongly meet the requirements will be selected for interview.
Please ensure that you have attached and included the following information to ensure you application is complete.
☑ CV with 3 references
☑ Application addressing each point listed in Section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’
☑ Cover Letter (Please explain how you meet the qualifications outlined in this Terms of reference, and why you consider yourself appropriate for the role. Please include proposed monthly salary in Thai Baht)
Contact : JoinUs@apcom.org
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financier