The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok Office seeks to appoint a:
Title: Support Services Manager
Reports to: Head of Country Cluster Support Team
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190-member National Societies. The organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
The Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) covers four countries namely Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam and operates as one joint team to support each country’s National Society and partners, broader Southeast Asia Networks, and UNESCAP relations.
The Support Services department covers all traditional support services functions including the Human Resources, Finance, Administration, Logistics, Information technologies (IT), Legal support and Security support. All team members cooperate closely to provide efficient support services based on Federation’s standards of quality, competitive cost and time criteria. All team members deliver efficient support services to various stakeholders at all levels in the CCST such as all programme teams, Federation’s visitors, Partner National Societies, National Societies and country teams.
The Support Services Manager reports to the Head of Country Cluster Support Team and is responsible for the support services department achievements. He/she provides cost effective day to day quality support services that enhance the productivity of the CCST Office, in accordance with IFRC standard procedures, policies and regulations. In the context of the integrated work he/she holds a central position within the organization, in charge of liaising with IFRC country and regional teams, National Societies (NS) and Partner National Societies (PNS) teams.
To ensure the successful delivery of support services tailored to the needs of the RC/RC Movement in CCST Office, hence contributing to the overall implementation of the office’s operational plan.
To manage support resources and service capacity of the office and service centres in each country covered by the CCST office.
To ensure that strategies and priorities for services are articulated, and that resources are efficiently allocated, further developed and maximized.
To support the Head of CCST office’s accountabilities by being responsible for and leading the following functions: Finance, Human Resources (HR), Administration, Logistics, Information Technology (IT), and Security.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Act as the key focal point for and the first line of communication with the Integrated Partner National Societies in the CCST Office.
- Manage Integration Agreements including ensuring efficient and cost-effective delivery of quality services to Partner National Societies (PNS).
- Ensure that the terms and obligations of the Integration Agreements are fully met by both the CCST Office and the Partner National Societies (PNS) and that all actions are in accordance with the CCST Office’s formal status with the Government of Thailand.
- As this position is a support to the Head of CCST Office and the hub of support to National Societies (NS), effective cross-functional working is key, and the support services coordinator is accountable for ensuring the successful functioning of the support service matrix.
- Work closely with relevant counterparts in the National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
- Coordinate support for internal and external audit reviews.
- Enhance the capacity building of IFRC teams and programme managers for all functions of support services.
- Ensure close collaboration with the National Society Development unit to provide technical support for capacity building of National Societies (NS)counterparts.
- Manage the finance team
- Create financial value - receivables and cash targets, pledge and expenditure management, improve financial processes, systems and reports, team training)
- Coordinate sound financial management of all CCST Office programmes, ensuring that effective budget planning is in place and that all programmes operate within approved budgets
- Ensure compliance to global financial procedures
- Monitor key performance indicators
- Manage the HR team
- Manage IFRC personnel within the CCST Office in accordance with global and local human resources procedures and regulations
- Ensure effective HR planning and implementation within the operational plan
Administration and Logistics:
- Manage the Administration and Logistics team
- Coordinate administrative support to all stakeholders in the IFRC, National Societies (NS), and Partner National Societies (PNS)
- Establish and review effective administration process and procedures in the CCST Office
- Ensure compliance to all administrative and logistics global procedures (fleet management, procurement, assets, etc.)
- Ensure efficient deliverables of the IT outsource service provider
- Ensure an optimum level of communication and IT services for successful implementation of programmes
- Define and pursue opportunities for greater harmonization where possible, especially across the Movement and eventually ICRC and National Societies (NS)
- Act as a focal point in dealing with the legal advisors (local lawyers and IFRC legal department)
- Ensure service contracts, lease agreements, and all contracts are in accordance with IFRC standards and with local laws
- Act as a security focal point for Thailand: gather and review security information, attend security meetings, liaise with partners (RCRC, UN, INGOs), share information, provide security briefings and advices
- Review Thailand security regulations every 6 months and update them if required, ensure compliance with minimum security standards, and ensure compliance to global security procedures
- Coordinate work with security focal points in other CCST countries
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- University degree or can demonstrate equivalent intellectual capacity
- 5 years senior level experience of managing & supporting staff
- 5 years working in development and disaster management programmes
- Prefer working with Federation Service/Integration Agreements and/or similar
- Human resource management
- Managing, supervising, supporting, organizing and training staff
- Experience of strategic planning
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Self-supporting in computer skills
- Excellent training, facilitation and communication skills
- Organisational ability
- Advanced written and spoken English
- International applicant, should hold a valid work permit or residence permit to live and work in Thailand
Interested candidates, please apply direct through IFRC's website from the link below;
- Cover Letter with salary expectation
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 31 January 2020
More information about IFRC, please visit www.ifrc.org.
Contact : 02-661 8201 - HR
การเงิน / Financierไอที / ITผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerทรัพยากรณ์มนุษย์ / Human resources