Fortify Rights works to ensure and defend human rights for all. We investigate human rights violations, engage people with power on solutions, and strengthen human rights defenders. We believe in the influence of evidence-based research, the power of strategic truth telling, and the importance of working in close collaboration with individuals, communities, and movements pushing for change. Fortify Rights is an independent, nonprofit organization registered in the United States and Switzerland.
The Gifts Associate works closely with the Grants Associate to ensure adequate resources are available to support the activities of Fortify Rights. With support from Fortify Rights’ Grants Associate, the Communications Associate, and other relevant team members, the Gifts Associate supports engagement with private donors, the management of Fortify Rights’ gift portfolio, and the maintenance of positive communications with private donors. The Gifts Associate is responsible for identifying and developing relationships with potential new gift-makers, maintaining accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on prospective gifts, and supporting the development of fundraising activities and other engagement with private donors. The Gifts Associate is an integral member of Fortify Rights’ young and growing team with technical expertise to maximize and scale the organization’s impact.
- Provide overall management to Fortify Rights’ gift-related activities.
- Regularly research and identify prospective donors that align with Fortify Rights’ mandate and strategic approach. Develop and maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on prospective donors.
- With support from the Communications Associate, executive team, and other relevant team members, lead the process of developing clear, complete, and high-quality communications to donors and prospective donors.
- Develop draft narrative concept notes, compile and prepare necessary supporting documentation, and coordinate with relevant team members to finalize materials for private donors.
- With support from the executive team and relevant team members, lead the process of developing clear, complete, and high-quality periodic reports and/or communications on project activities, impacts, and challenges. Develop draft report narratives, compile and prepare necessary supporting documentation, and coordinate with relevant team members to finalize report packages.
- Lead the coordination of events, activities aimed at developing relationships with private donors.
- In coordination with the executive team, liaise with and serve as a communication focal point for prospective and current private donors to Fortify Rights. Support the executive team’s engagement with private donors.
- Develop a sound understanding of Fortify Rights’ work and projects to be able to professionally represent the organization to donors and other external actors.
- Work closely in collaboration with the Fortify Rights team to constructively build the organization, support its expansion, and ensure its sustainability.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- A degree in relevant fields and/or at least two years of work experience in individual fundraising.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations in Asia.
- Familiarity with human rights issues, preferably within the context of Asia.
- Excellent writing, organization, and time management skills. Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage and work efficiently in a fast-paced but flexible environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience in a multi -ethnic team.
- Sound judgment and ability to take initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required. Additional language skills preferred.
- Applicants from Southeast Asia preferred.
- To be discussed with short-listed candidates.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Fortify Rights seeks exceptional applicants and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GIFTS ASSOCIATE.” This post will remain open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fortify Rights is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible team, actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants.
Contact : email@example.com
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant