Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Grants Analyst
Assignment duration: Fixed-Term Contract (2 Years)
Duty station: Bangkok
JOB BACKGROUND: Plan Thailand receives grants from various major donors. The Grants Analyst is the key position in contributing to the accurate financial reporting to donors with compliance they expect. He/she will also provide grant analysis supports to program teams on spending progress according to plan, so that deliverables can be achieved as proposed and therefore per Country Strategy. The Grants Analyst will also focus on full cost recovery mechanisms in Plan in order to allocate proper costs to grants.
Grants admin & finance 30%
- Ensure that all information including budgets by periods are uploaded to SAP Grant module in the beginning and updated every time it is modified.
- Maintain the mapping of Project implementation activity lines to donor budget lines
- Support Program and Grant teams in the development of grant budget proposal
- Perform grant closure procedures in finance area
- Create Internal Orders in SAP to process non-partnership payments
- Liaise with external auditors in the audit of grants, and ensure audit requirements are satisfactorily completed/submitted to the auditors.
- Review Project budget in SAP Project implementation module
Financial Reporting & Analysis 50%
- Prepare financial reports to donors timely and accurately with full donor compliance
- Prepare Budget VS Actual reports with analysis to Program Manager on a monthly basis
- Analyse records in non-grant numbers and make adjustments correction
- Analyse the spending rate and the correctness
- Train Program teams on ’How to read BvA report’
- Reconcile financial reports vs. SAP reports and propose adjustments
- Participate in workshops and trainings related to Finance and Grants and possibly non-finance meetings to broaden knowledge of Plan systems and procedures.
- Provide financial analyses of Plan Thailand expenses and propose Overhead (full) cost recovery plan
- Coordinate timesheets and time allocation in system
- Other tasks that the CO/RO Finance Director may assign e.g. GL transaction encoding, staff expense report review, payment voucher review.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Skills specific to the post
- Audit experiences
- Flexible yet Proactive and able to work under conflicting requirements and deadlines
- Able to work independently, take initiative, to prioritize and to plan
- Good knowledge of database, data extraction methods, report presentation and strong quantitative skills
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Leadership behaviors
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in accounting or finance.
- Work experiences in the role of Grant Analyst or SAP is preferable
- At least 2 years relevant experience in grants financial analysis
- Knowledge of financial systems, financial management and reporting
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 2 February 2020
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
การเงิน / Financier