Job Title: Procurement Officer, NOB, Fixed – Term
Vacancy Number: 113482
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goals 2 (Zero Hunger) and 17 (Partnerships).
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the following duties (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Plan, manage and provide technical advice on procurement and operational activities (i.e. issue international, regional and local tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts).
- Track, analyse and evaluate commodity tender result.
- Review technical proposals of suppliers and carry out cost or benefits analysis.
- Conduct research market intelligence on food production patterns and purchasable surpluses.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including supplier, tie contribution of rice from difference donors, superintendents, companies, etc. to align procurement operational activities and ensure a coherent approach to meet food assistance needs.
- Coordinate shipping and delivery arrangement of purchased commodities and equipment.
- Liaise with WFP appointed inspection and superintendent firms to ensure quality control, specification conformity, volume assessment, monitoring and verification of deliveries.
- Develop and prepare technical and legal contracts to ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Manage and coordinate negotiations with all interested parties including contract disputes and claims.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Prepare reports on procurement activities.
- Guide and supervise junior staff with complex analysis and queries, and support Procurement Officer in other offices.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree or university degree with experience and advance courses or training in one or more of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- At least five years post graduate progressively responsible experience in coordination of procurement activity in large and / or stand-alone operations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A complete, in-dept grasp of procurement and practices.
- Experience conducting cost analyses and working with vendors or other partners.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under own workplan.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop and maintain effective work relationships and avoid conflict with WFP donors, NGOs, and other UN agencies; regional and country offices.
- Ability to draft clear concise reports or rationale for procurement decisions on key issues.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement, tact; effective working relations in support of work conducted by other officers.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft office and EPR (SAP).
- Knowledge of food procurement in developing countries is an advantage.
- Experience of procuring containerized and bulk food is an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Proficiency in a second UN languages is an advantage.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: Sunday 02 February 2020 (Midnight Bangkok Time)
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Thailand Only and only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To be consider, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website (http;//www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings) only.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer