Digital Asia Accelerator
finance and operations officer
Digital Asia Accelerator is a three-year project funded by USAID and implemented by Development Alternatives, Inc to increase the safe & appropriate use of digital technology for economic development in Southeast Asia.
This Job Description describes responsibilities for the Digital Asia Accelerator Project (DAA) position of Finance and Operations Officer. The Finance and Operations Officer will be based in Bangkok and report directly to the DAA Project Director in Bangkok. The Finance and Operations Officer will provide logistical, procurement and financial support for the DAA to ensure efficient management of the operational aspects of the project as well as overall compliance with contractual requirements, DAI policies, USAID regulations and local law(s) for the RDMA Accelerator activity. S/he will assist in the day-to-day work of project operations in cooperation with other staff, including coordinating operational systems related to finance, procurement, personnel mobilization, and record management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Financial and Budget Management
- Review expense reports from project staff, and STTA to ensure compliance with DAI finance and accounting procedures and project policies.
- Coordinate supplier setup with the home office for subsequent payment of vendors in Oracle.
- Review, analyze, and update budget estimates for ongoing activity budgets
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager in financial analyses based on actual costs incurred and quarterly projections.
- Review project invoice monthly, particularly with a view to task/activity allocation.
- Develop draft activities, as needed.
General Operations & Administration
- Maintain communication with DAI’s home office staff on administrative and operational aspects of the project.
- Ensure that project inventory remains up to date and that all inventory is tracked according to DAI policy.
- Curate administrative records; including project procurement, personnel, and finance documentation; maintaining a rational, straightforward hierarchy in accordance with the project records map.
- Train all new and current staff on personnel policies, administrative procedures and procurement.
- Manage the physical office space including liaise with WeWork administration, order and manage office supplies and staff needs, and coordinate meeting room reservations and tracking.
- Provide note-taking at key meetings, data collection for client reports, and other administrative support as needed to project activities.
- Coordinate logistics surrounding project procurement processes, including developing rudimentary solicitations and vendor lists for simplified acquisition procurements, and issuing them after Finance and Operations Manager review.
- For complex best value procurements, Operations Specialist will coordinate with the grants and subcontracts team for proper conduct of procurement processes, including collecting NDAs from technical leads, transmitting standard documents to both vendors and technical evaluators, taking notes during technical evaluation committees, and collecting procurement records for finalization by the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Assist in subcontractor onboarding and vendor management including ensuring contracts are fully-executed and procurement files are complete per procurement requirements.
Personnel and Recruitment
- Coordinate project recruitment procedures including posting opportunities on external websites, collecting CVs and transmitting them to the appropriate project staff, scheduling interviews and coordinating a selection decision if necessary, reviewing and verifying EBDs, working with the Finance and Operations Manager to justify and propose a rate, and general onboarding.
- Manage identification and recruitment of consultants and other short-term support (i.e. STTA—independent consultants, intermittent employees or home office staff).
- Coordinate travel and logistics for STTA. Provide support for travel arrangements, visas/passports, and hotel bookings in compliance with client regulations.
- 5-6 years of prior USAID project work experience preferable
- Exhibited experience in budget management, process management and working in a team atmosphere
- Outstanding project and process management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a small fast paced cross-functional team
To apply, please email your CV to DigitalFrontiersRecruitment@dai.com.
Contact : DigitalFrontiersRecruitment@dai.com
การเงิน / Financier