TITLE: Communications & Campaigns Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications and Media (ACCM)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
The role of the Communications and Campaigns Coordinator (CC Coordinator) is to support the development and implementation of Save the Children (SC) Thailand’s communications and campaign strategies. They will use strategic media engagement, multimedia content production, public activations and social media platforms to influence policy makers and the public to achieve positive outcomes for children.
The post holder will be an expert in coordinating the production of compelling content that can be delivered to the public through an integrated communications strategy that supports Save the Children’s ambition to be the number one voice for children. S/he will also seek and leverage relationships with local and international media outlets in Thailand, to both boost the organisation’s public profile and to increase coverage of the most important issues influencing children across the country. Their media strategy will be both pro-active and re-active, working closely with programmes teams to ensure Save the Children is ready to ‘speak out’ when opportunities arise.
The CC Coordinator will develop systems to ensure the team have a regular flow of information and stories from field staff that can develop into content that keeps our supporters engaged. The post holder will also manage all of SC’s digital channels, including our website (making sure there are regular stories and updates), Facebook (ensuring content plans are produced and engagement strategy maintained) - and contribute to internal communications channels such as Facebook Workplace and Intranet sites. The post-holder will be in charge of the development of written, multimedia and digital assets that will positively represent the work of SC both externally and internally. In addition, the post holder will project-manage the organisation of events as required by his/her line manager. S/he will ensure effective communications and impactful campaigns aligned with advocacy’s priorities
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: ACCM Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Communication & Campaigns Officer. May sometimes coordinate consultants or interns.
Role Dimensions: Regularly in contact with external advocacy, campaign and communications staff, local implementing partners, Programme staff, ACCM Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand (MST) cluster support team, SC staff from global and regional teams. Liaise and support project specific campaign.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Produce accurate, clear and dynamic communications products that highlight the development situation in Thailand, including case studies, feature stories, and blogs
- Produce visually appealing and brand-aligned external marketing materials for all sectors and programmes that have requested it.
- Ensure all materials are printed and designed according to Save the Children’s brand guidelines.
- Lead in the development of multimedia materials, including photos, videos, infographics and animations to support regular engagement with Thai public, especially on social media channels, to drive support for priority campaigns
- Develop and maintain a content strategy for social media and website to ensure they are regularly updated. This includes establishing story pipelines through regular engagement with programme staff. Actively participate in social media conversations on the situation in Thailand, through Facebook and other outlets.
- Support the development and production of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for specific projects as required.
- Develop communications plans for each project and ensure roles and responsibilities for implementation of the plan are agreed and clear.
- Ensure high standard external representation of SC through marketing materials and the management of SC’s website.
- Proactively seek out communications opportunities to showcase SC (and its consortiums and fund management teams) programme successes, both internally and externally.
- Ensure high-quality internal communications materials across our internal channels. Promote sharing, learning, and interactive dialogue among staff.
- Support the development of program proposals and budgets where they relate to communications activities.
- Coordinate or support the organisation of external events for the Country Office as required
- Conduct regular Communications trainings with programme staff to ensure that front line staff are also able to contribute to content production.
- Set digital growth targets and report regularly on social media engagement through digital analytics software.
Advocacy & Campaigns
- Work closely with ACCM manager for the development of Campaign and Advocacy priorities, ensuring that communication strategies are in place to drive our national campaign (40%), as well as programme advocacy priorities (60%).
- Provide direction and guidance to design, plan and deliver SC’s priority campaign efforts to maximise public mobilisation – including during high level advocacy events, through our digital presence and through media engagement/collaboration.
- Set communications targets for all major campaigns and report back on outcomes to support ACCM Manager with Campaign and Advocacy reporting.
- Be the country focal point for the local implementation of SC global campaign moments and for other global/regional campaign requests
- Actively engage and leverage with strategic partners, government, coalitions and private sectors to gain financial support and collaboration to achieve Thailand’s advocacy strategy
- Provide technical support and coordinate with partner organizations and key stakeholders to plan and implement advocacy and campaigns activities at provincial and national level.
- Undertake ‘Reactive Campaigning’ in response to current events as required, in line with global guidance
- Regularly engage the local media to raise SC’s public profile and spread messages that can influence policy makers and the public.
- Produce and ensure the quality of media engagement materials, including media packs, press releases, and information sheets
- Responsible for preparedness and readiness to crisis communication under global guidelines both in an emergency or unexpected event
- Produce key messages for spokespeople across priority issues and ensure that pre-approved statements are signed off and ready for activation should, opportunities to speak out arise.
- Oversee regular media monitoring of the local media on what is being reported on key issues related to children and Save the Children
- Oversee and coordinate (if necessary) media field visits with program teams
- Lead media and communications in emergency situations, producing high quality materials, communicating the situation for children on the ground, and ensuring accurate and concise situation reports and dashboards.
- Deploy in the event of an emergency if necessary, to gather necessary content.
- Lead in national and international media engagement in emergencies in Thailand, including acting as a media spokesperson.
- Build capacity of programme staff and partners to understand and implement communications, branding, campaigns and media engagement
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values and principles such as Child Rights, child safeguarding and gender equality
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – empowering them to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Openly shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values and respects diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, active listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, visual arts, fine arts, or any related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in traditional and digital media services, communications, advertising, media management, event management, digital marketing, public relations, or any related field.
- Experience of leading or implementing strategic marketing communications for campaigns.
- Experience of working in related human development or cause-related issues
- Thai national
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to uphold all SC policies and procedures, especially with respect to Child Safeguarding, anti-harassment, counter-fraud, and safety & security
- Experience coordinating the production of multimedia content, with an ability to test, anaylise and update content strategy based on emerging trends.
- Ability to develop pro-active and re-active media plans
- Ability to speak confidently in front of the media, donors and senior staff
- Ability to deliver key messages and creative briefs to the media
- Good eye for details; page layouts, design and an experience proof-reader is a plus
- Good understanding of building a maintaining a social media strategy to maximise public engagement and to grow digital brand.
- Experience developing an integrated communications strategy to support campaign and advocacy outcomes.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A creative who uses a human centred approach to content strategy.
- Good network management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team working.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Excellent Thai and English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to and understanding of SC’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements
Additional job responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save The Children International (SCI) Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top Up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via this linkage;
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : HR; 02 684 1286-88 ext. 608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developerเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerกราฟิก / Computer Graphicนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager