Position Title: Advocacy/Communication Officer, JRS Thailand
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: Director, Asia Pacific/Thailand
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an International Catholic agency with a mission to accompany, serve and defend the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. It is essentially a service-oriented organization offering direct assistance to refugees and internally displaced persons in Australia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. The style of service is direct and personal, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term well-being of refugees and displaced persons, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. It offers opportunities to a wide variety of staff, local and international, while maintaining a localized scheme of salary/stipend, insurance, benefits, etc.
In Thailand, JRS currently implements four projects spread throughout camp and urban areas serving refugees, asylum seekers and forcibly displaced persons. JRS Thailand has field offices in Bangkok and Mae Hong Son. The main areas of work include education, psychosocial services, livelihoods, peace and reconciliation and advocacy. For more information about JRS in Asia Pacific and Thailand, visit: http://www.jrsap.org
Overall Position Purpose:
The JRS Thailand Advocacy/Communication Officer is responsible for developing and implementing JRS advocacy goals and networking with key partners in Thailand ensuring fulfillment of the JRS mission, vision and values and promoting protection of refugees, asylum seekers and the forcibly displaced. The Advocacy Officer will work with the Country, Programme and Project Directors to develop and implement a coherent and effective advocacy strategy in Thailand in line with regional and global advocacy goals. The Advocacy/Communication Officer also provides communication support to the country and project teams through the development of key advocacy and communication messages and production of advocacy and communication materials.
• Provides regular and on-request analysis and updates of policy and advocacy issues and concerns of refugees in Thailand to the country and project teams
• Develops, reviews and leads the implementation of the Thailand country advocacy plan in coordination with the country and project teams to ensure a coherent, relevant and effective advocacy aligned with the JRS mission, vision and values
• Participates in meetings, conferences, fora, and other networking opportunities that are relevant and can contribute to JRS advocacy goals and priorities
• Participates and contributes as a resource person in JRS advocacy meetings at the country, regional and global level as needed
• Coordinates regularly with the regional advocacy team through regular reports and meetings
• Provides advocacy and capacity building support to project teams as requested
• Travels to project sites in order to develop in-depth understanding of refugee issues and discussion of effective advocacy response and solutions
• Submits quarterly workplans and reports to the Country Director
• Assists the Country Director in advocacy work when requested
• Develops and implements a country communications plan to enhance coordination of management, services and advocacy work of JRS in Thailand
• Develops and conducts annual reviews of communication materials (brochure, project stories, other video and print materials) to promote project and advocacy goals in coordination with project teams
• Develops and writes project stories with relevant project staff for communication, fundraising and advocacy goals
• Assists in the production of regional and global communication materials, annual reports, publications as requested
Qualifications and Experience:
• Professional language fluency in Thai and English
• Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Law, Human Rights or related professional field. A degree related to communications and development is an advantage.
• Thai Nationality only
• Minimum of three years of professional experience in advocacy and/or communications work
• Experience of working with refugees is essential.
• Work experience in Thailand or Asia is an advantage.
• Professional literacy in Microsoft Windows package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, etc)
• Result-oriented, self-motivated and has flexibility to work with multicultural teams
• Good interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills
This position offers a salary package with Medical and Accident group insurance, Life insurance and other benefits. Interested candidates must apply by sending their cover letter and CV (including 3 references) addressing how they satisfy the criteria described above.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com by 28 February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org