Open to External Candidates
Position Title : Intern (Immigration Border Management Unit)
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : Internship (THB 17,181 - 18,027.16 per month)
Type of Appointment : Internship, 3-month Contract
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17 February 2020
Reference Code : CFCV002/2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Assistants and overall supervision of the Project Manager, the successful candidate will support the Immigration and Border Management (IBM) unit with administrative and reporting tasks for 2 IBM Projects: (1) “Strengthening Border Management and Intelligence Capacity of Thai Government Officials, Phase IV” funded by the Government of Canada; and (2) “Supporting the Government of Thailand to improve migration and border management structures in the midst of rapid ASEAN Integration” funded by IOM Development Fund (IDF) in IOM Thailand Country Office.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the successful Border and Migration Management Assessment (BMMA) activity under the IDF funded project by working with printing vendor services in publishing final reports and coordinating with government stakeholders for dissemination of final reports
- Support IBM expert and project staff in the development of inter-agency cooperation training curriculum and mid-term evaluation activities by translating and sending official correspondences, scheduling meetings, take meeting notes, administrative and logistical arrangement as necessary
- Assist project staffs in organizing capacity building training “End-user trainings on travel document examination procedures scheduled in May 2020 as well as other upcoming training activities, get involved from pre-, post- and during the trainings’ organization which include, but not limited to, designing training evaluation questions; liaising with training venues, trainers, government counterparts; translating and incorporating training materials.
- Assist in researching and compiling information on Thailand’s national law, policy and practice and other information related to immigration and border management issues.
- Liaise with in-house operational support (Procurement, Finance, Operations, and HR units) in term of administrative and financial issues e.g. Travel Authorization, Purchase Requisition, Payment Request, etc.
- Draft, update and translate project documents including training reports, concept notes for specific training activities, redesign communication materials
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Accountability – Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Communication – Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recently graduated or University Degree in international relations, political sciences, social sciences or relevant field;
- Microsoft Offices literate, particularly possess intermediate level of MS Excel (Pivot Table) and data analysis, Power BI is an asset;
- 0-1 year of experience in assisting in organization of training events is desirable but not strictly required;
- Excellent command of Thai and English (Interested candidate is required to submit 1-2 English writings (essay or any academic work) and/or translated documents from English to Thai and vice versa);
- Teamwork oriented but with a capacity to work independently;
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to maintain trust and good working relationship with counterparts;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural environment and respect diversity.
Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Thai language is an advantage.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17, 2020 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls kindly indicate the reference code CFCV002/2020 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 03.02.2020 to 17.02.2020
Contact : email@example.com
ผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer