Plan International Thailand Job Advertisement:
Project Coordinator – Safe Internet Project
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Project Coordinator – Safe Internet Project
Assignment duration: Fixed Term 6 months contract.
Duty station: Chiang Mai
The Safe Internet project aims to promote digital literacy and resilience among children and youth and help foster responsible citizenship through two key sets of activities – Digital Literacy and Resilience Training, and Prevention and Response to SOGIESC-Based Violence Training (SOGIESC: sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristics). Each approach will play a different role in promoting skills for a digital future:
1. Digital Literacy and Resilience Training – to increase digital skills and resilience in target groups, focusing on online risks and how to manage them. Moreover, teachers will become safety nets.
2. Prevention and Response to SOGIESC-Based Violence Training – aiming to promote inclusive environment by preventing and responding to cyberbullying and other online violence on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristics (SOGIESC). This will promote positive behaviors online.
- Develop and complete Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) of the assigned project.
- Develop work plan for monitoring visits on the ground (quarterly or six-monthly) including the visit by MERL team.
Management and Operations
- Ensure that the project activities are fully implemented and delivered within the specified timelines and results.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of project activities by implement partner including the development of work plan, budget and deliverables for the MoU/partnership agreement.
- Coordinate and liaison with relevant project stakeholders to ensure good partnerships, e.g. the Education Service Areas Offices, Municipality, Tambon Administrative Sub-district Organizations, schools and CSO networks.
- Ensure good collaboration with communities, relevance stakeholders in addressing children’s rights and equity for girls as well as improving participatory of children and youths.
- Coordinate and liaison with donor (Telenor/DTAC).
- Manage and coordinate with external consultants, if any.
- Set up Project Outline (PO), WBS Codes, etc. in SAP including regular update required data/information in SAP and modifying PO and/or project budget in SAP as needed.
- Update the DIP related to given outcomes and activities of the assigned project.
- Prepare quarterly reports, narrative reports, case stories and annexes as required by Plan International and donor.
- Review monthly BvA and financial reports and coordinate for corrections, if any.
- Maintain documentation, records and filing of project activities, meetings and assets in a systematic way.
- Work with other program team members for the purpose of integrating the other cross-cutting programs.
- Liaise and develop networks with IOs, NGOs and government agencies for the purposes of information exchange, strategic operations and networking.
- Support Plan International’s advocacy effort to push for relevant public policy changes.
- Provide supports to all concerned parties as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and experience
- Good knowledge on SOGIESC.
- Capacity building skills for school students.
- Able to operate concepts and strategic thinking.
- Network building skills.
- Negotiation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to maintain continuous productive communication with all stakeholders.
- Report writing skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 17 Feb 2020
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator