Position : Education Field Officer
Organization : Help without Frontiers Thailand Location : Mae Sot, Tak, Thailand
Type : Full-Time
Contract length : 1 year
Start Date : As soon as possible
Reports to : Project Manager
Help without Frontiers Thailand provides support along the Thai-Myanmar border to displaced people that find themselves in emergency situations from which they are unable to escape without assistance; most of them are children and youth, and we give them a chance for a better and brighter future.
At Help without Frontiers we focus on five core areas; Education; Youth Empowerment; Child Protection; Health; and Community Development.
Based in Mae Sot, Thailand, the Education Field Officer is a member of the Education TaskForce team traveling to locations throughout the Thai-Myanmar border in order to enrol and retain migrant out-of-school children in a safe and sustainable educational pathway; either at a migrant learning center or at a partnering Thai government school. With the support and supervision of the TaskForce team lead, the Education Field Officer will assist in the effort to advocate Education pathways within Burmese migrant communities of parents; work closely with Thai head teachers and school directors to facilitate the enrolment and support of migrant children at their school; support the development of the Education Taskforce in collecting data and developing communication tools to advocate for migrants’ rights to access Education amongst local Thai and migrant schools and migrant communities.
● Work closely with Thai schools directors and head teachers to enable the enrolment process of
migrant children at Thai government schools (under the supervision of the team lead)
● Conduct community trainings and awareness raising
● Work in collaboration with partner organizations to support migrant families
● Lead focus group discussions and key informant interviews
● Contribute to the analysis and collection of data for educational research
● Build strong working relationships with partners, school-based staff and communities
● Undertake other administrative, budgeting and logistical duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications
● Fluency in Thai and Myanmar languages are essential for this position
● Ability to type in Thai and Myanmar is essential for this position
● English conversation skills required
● 2 years’ experience minimum working in education or related field
● Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational and time management skills
● Strong IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and willingness to learn web-based platforms
● Ability to work independently and on own initiative
● Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic and rapidly changing political and social context
● Thai driving license would be a great advantage
● Work permit funded by HwF. Visa not funded by HwF
The post offers a salary commensurate with experience and comparable to those of other regional
Please submit a resume (no more than 3 pages) and cover letter explaining how you meet the
qualifications and skills requirements, and contact information of 2 references (phone or Skype) to Alix
Watson at: email@example.com
The closing date to apply for this position is February 28 th , 2020.
In the subject of the e-mail please state the position you are applying for and your name: Education
Officer– Applicant’s Name . Make sure all attachments include the type of document and your name (Ex.
Resume_Applicant’s Name.doc ).
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org