TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Development and Quality
LOCATION: Pattani Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1year contract with possibility of extension
The MEAL Officer will assist the MEAL Coordinator in implementing a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning system for the Save the Children Thailand Office with focus on supporting multiple projects in the south of Thailand (while occasional assignments to support projects in other part of the country as appropriate and necessary). S/he will work closely with MEAL Coordinator to implement a complaints and response mechanism, develop minimum standards, action trackers and other MEAL tools for projects, and deliver capacity-building training/induction sessions for staff and partner organizations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Pattani Senior Field Coordinator with dotted line manager to MEAL Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: None
Role Dimensions: Save the Children works in nine refugee camps, migrant communities in Mae Sot and Bangkok, and southern Thailand. The Thailand Country Office includes approximately 60 staffs in Bangkok office and two sub-offices in Mae Sot and Pattani
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist MEAL Coordinator in the development of a monitoring and evaluation plan for each project
- and indicators for input and output monitoring in line of project objectives; and implement the plan.
- Support in improving MEAL system, including developing MEAL tools and supporting reporting.
- Support planning and implementation of baseline surveys, mid-term and final evaluation exercises for programs and projects
- Track actions agreed in monitoring reports, using Action Plan Trackers when appropriate; and work
- with the implementing teams to update the trackers monthly.
- Document key lessons from monitoring and evaluation reports; and share these widely to ensure adjustments are made to ongoing projects and new project designs.
- Handle complaints as per MEAL guidelines and share the information with line manager.
- Set up accountability system and commission of projects in the Deep South
- Facilitate lessons learned workshops and MEAL trainings for Save the Children staff and partners.
- Carry out field visits when required for different MEAL tasks; expected up to 50% field travel.
- Any other tasks given by line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Graduate degree preferably with Social Science, Education, Information Technology Subjects
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Background in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proof knowledge and experiences in assessment tools and research methodology both qualitative and quantitative
- Experienced in research/report analysis and writing
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Understanding of the deep south and southern Thailand context
- Good knowledge and experience in Project Cycle, Child Protection, Disaster Risk Reduction, Emergency Response and/or Education will be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with ICT would be an asset
- Speaks local/ethnic (Pattani-Malays) languages will be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work insecure environments
- Ability and willingness to travel- up to 50% time
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top Up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : HR; 02 684 1286-88 ext. 608
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer