Prevention was established by the Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center (TRCARC) with the aim to conduct research on effective prevention of HIV/AIDS and related diseases and to develop efficient HIV/AIDS prevention and management strategies for key populations at national and international levels.
PREVENTION was first established as “Special Activity Group” in 2003 with the mission to conduct research on the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTC). With expansion of its scope, the group was renamed “Prevention Unit” in 2014 to reflect its central role and key focus in HIV prevention research.
Role Overview: The Counselor will provide HIV/STI and other health-related services, including counseling, testing, treatment, and linkage to care for clients and their partners at The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre. The counselor will also play an important role in providing psychosocial support. In addition, the Counselor will assist in HIV/STI and other health-related research in participant recruitment, screening, enrollment, and follow-up as assigned
Core Accountability & Responsibility:
1. Provide non-judgmental, voluntary, and gender-sensitive counseling and additional resources around HIV/STI prevention, care, and treatment services.
2. Conduct client intake, periodic assessments, and care planning for clients, and document all delivered services.
3. Provide mental health support, clinical care, assistance in health scheme transfer, and other services needed to improve the client’s physical and emotional health
4. Participate in program activities, including program promotion, online outreach, client recruitment, clinical supervision, etc.
5. Encourage the involvement of clients in other community activities.
6. Ensure accurate information on HIV/STI prevention and treatment as well as of other health related matters
7. Complete administrative duties, including filing, collating, stocking, recording results, entering data into the system daily, maintaining inventory, and other operational tasks related to the case management efforts
8. Assist in participant recruitment, screening, enrollment, and follow-up for research projects
9. Adhere to organization’s research policies, regulations, GCP, and HSP.
10. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Thai citizen only
2. Bachelor degree in social work, psychology or a related field, or equivalent
3. Minimum 3 years of experience as a Counselor or Social Worker or Psychologist role
4. Experience in providing the counseling related HIV/AIDS and STIs issue
5. Experience in work environment of hospital, medical service, clinical research is preferred
6. Case management and counseling experience is preferred
7. Must be computer literate
Please send your cover letter, CV and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need any further information, please contact us via e-mail or phone:
02 252 9958 or visit our website at www.prevention-trcarc.org. Application Deadline: 31 May 2020 Only short-list candidates will be notified.
Contact : email@example.com