Intern, Human Resources
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, is seeking an Intern to join our Regional Human Resources team.
IUCN is a membership Union composed of both government and civil society organisations. It harnesses the experience, resources and reach of its more than 1,300 Member organisations and the input of more than 15,000 experts. This diversity and vast expertise makes IUCN the global authority on the status of the natural world and the measures needed to safeguard it.
This Human Resources internship advertisement is to fill internship position on a rolling basis throughout 2020 and 2021. Selected interns will be expected to work for a minimum of three months, with an opportunity for extension, depending on the needs of IUCN and the availability of the selected candidate.
This is a local search of young talent and only nationals or individuals holding the appropriate visa of the duty station (Thailand) are eligible to apply.
This internship aims to offer students undergoing graduate or post-graduate studies a meaningful work experience by supplementing their learning through a practical and on-the-job training approach. In doing so, the intern’s knowledge is supplemented through a practical learning experience while IUCN derives some level of advantage from the young professional’s services as well as the possibility of gaining new perspectives from the intern.
The Intern will support the Regional HR Team, Asia in all administrative tasks as assigned. The Intern will be trained and mentored in records management techniques, archiving systems and records retention protocols. The intern will also be exposed to learning opportunities in doing various recruitment activities. Duties may include, but not limited to:
• Ensuring that all records comply with established file name conventions for quick identification;
• Creating new subject files (official status file, recruitment, payment, performance, among others) as required and dispose old files in accordance with the document retention schedule;
• Updating staff information and uploading relevant documents on the Human Resources Management System;
• Providing support to HR recruitment processes: organize interviews, panels, writing tests, etc.;
• Providing support in organising travel arrangements, as well as travel advance reconciliations/reimbursements;
• Perform other functions, as may be appropriate under the conditions of the internship.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate university programme (e.g., Bachelors or its equivalent) and not have graduated from it; or
• Be enrolled in a graduate university programme and not have graduated from it. The work experience that they seek to obtain should be in line with their studies or the requirements set by their academic institution;
• Be in a “gap year” between studies with a clear goal of returning to complete or initiate studies at the end of the “gap year/period”.
• Be computer literate in standard software applications; Proficient in the use of office applications (MS Word and Excel) and web-based management systems
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
• Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 29 February 2020
Applicants are requested to apply online through the IUCN HR Management System by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button at:
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.
Contact : Kaniknart.SUTTHIRAK@iucn.org