Our team in Thailand is part of the wider Oxfam Asia platform. The Oxfam legacy project team in Thailand work in collaboration with strategic partners to advocate for reducing inequality, promote sustainability of the food system and gender equality. The Food Justice Team now operates influencing projects on sustainable food production and consumption, and sustainable fisheries. Our key approaches are consumer campaigning, private sector engagement and CSO coalition strengthening.
The Private Sector Engagement Officer – Chicken Supply Chain will play a vital role in the Food Justice team, particularly to the success of the project “Consumers and Retailers Driving Sustainable Food Market in Thailand in the Seafood, Chicken and for Banana Supply Chains” which is funded by the European Union under the SWITCH Asia II Programme, and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) from January 2018 – December 2021. The project goal is to enable an overall food market transformation in Thailand that requires food safety, environmentally sustainable and socially ethical production as standards.
Private Sector Engagement Program Officer will be responsible for leading the planning and implementation of the retailer engagement as part of the Behind the Price/Barcode campaign and SWITCH-Asia II project in Thailand. The person is expected to be able to intellectually contribute the insights and strategic opinions on the issue of food supply chain sustainability, policy transparency and accountability, human rights in food supply chains, smallholder livelihoods and women’s economic empowerment.
Private Sector Engagement & Knowledge management
- Design and implement the private sector engagement strategy, together with the contribution to the adjustment and planning of future engagement strategy
- Lead the engagement and dialogues with the leading retailers, as part of the Behind the Price/Barcode campaign and SWITCH-Asia II project in Thailand.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the team on using internal dialogues and influencing to bring about improvement in retailers’ policies and practices for more ethical and sustainable food supply chains
- Monitor the policy scorecard assessment on food retail business, focusing on social inequality, environmental sustainability, and consumer welfare themes
- Lead and support and the food supply chain research to gain insights and analysis of the structure, system, economic allocations, challenges and key stakeholders in the supply chain
Coordinate closely with the Campaign Teams and Alliance
- Coordinate with the Oxfam affiliates and the policy and private sector group in aligning the private sector works in Thailand with the global campaign where relevant
- Liaise closely with the Campaign Officer to ensure good alignment and minimize risks between private sector engagement and public campaign works
- Engage with local campaign alliances, NGOs and CSOs to improve the effectiveness of the retailer engagement works in Thailand; and to strengthen capacity of campaign allies in private sector engagement
- Provide insights and recommendations for the CSOs in engaging with the private sectors in the Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives, as part of the SWITCH-Asia II project
- Be the focal point on private sector engagement works, insights and knowledge of Oxfam in Thailand
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Candidates should hold a Master's or Bachelor’s degree in business background, relevant social science or natural resource management field.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience managing public-private sector engagement and multi-stakeholder engagement in Thailand and/or Asia.
- Considerable previous experience of project/financial management and evaluation processes.
- Experience should include supervision of staff, development of work plans, personnel management, and working with communities and user groups.
- Experience in and commitment to gender issues and to addressing gender inequalities in all key areas of responsibilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Thai and English and ability to relate to people from all backgrounds.
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills appropriate to the participatory project approach are essential.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences in complex and stressful circumstances.
- Ability to advice and support field staff in a consultative manner.
- University degree, preferably postgraduate level, in public administration, business administration, international development or related fields.
- Intellectually curious and have a strong potential to grow professional in the field of business and human rights/sustainability.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you would like to learn more about this impactful role please click on the Job Profile attachment for all of the details.
To apply for this role => CLICK
Contact : email@example.com
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักกิจกรรม / Activistนักวิจัย / Researcher