(See detailed Term of Reference at APCOM website / "Work with Us")
APCOM is a not-for-profit regional organisation based in Bangkok, Thailand, representing and working with a network of individuals and community-based organisations across 38 countries in Asia and the Pacific.
APCOM works to improve the health and rights of gay men, other men who have sex with men and SOGIESC people across Asia and the Pacific.
APCOM has a primary focus on HIV because it is a key health issue for gay men and other men who have sex with men in the region. APCOM also address other related health issues for our communities such as sexual health, mental health and drug use.
APCOM also focuses on improving relevant human and legal rights across the region as discrimination, stigma, criminalization and exclusion impact on the health outcomes of the communities we serve.
Scope of Work
The Media Assistant is expected to work across APCOM’s Programme Unit and Operations Unit to support and maintain internal and external communications of the organisation. Working with the Programmes Unit, the position will also support APCOM’s corporate communications and the execution of the communication components of the implementation of other APCOM’s projects as per approved work plan and budget.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
1. Manage and administer APCOM’s communication assets (webpage, e-newsletter, Facebook page, etc) to enable strategic and effective communication between APCOM and its partners in the region;
2. Develop marketing assets as well as managing and administering APCOM’s marketing channels (website, Facebook ad, Google Adwords, etc) to promote and/or disseminate projects’ profile and activities, knowledge products, events, resource mobilisation, recruitment, etc.
3. Assist in developing communication plans for events and new projects
4. Maintain and ensure the organisation’s branding clarity and consistency
5. Provide support in developing, writing/copyediting and/or sourcing of content for APCOM's The Source (online knowledge hub) as well as for APCOM’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube)
6. Provide support in writing/copyediting press releases, news articles and content marketing for APCOM’s newsletter and website as well as external media/news outlet
7. Assist in media liaison
8. Assist in developing APCOM’s Annual Report and other corporate communication documents/collaterals
9. Assist in creating visual products based on text-based knowledge products and other strategic evidence (i.e., static/kinetic infographic, PSA video, vox pop video, etc)
10. Managing visual documentation of projects’ activities and events
11. Overseeing the management and maintenance of APCOM’s Nation Builder contact database of regional partners, country partners, stakeholders, funders/donors, media contacts;
12. Assisting in other duties directed by Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
A university degree in communications, marketing, journalism, development studies or other related studies
• A minimum of two-year working experience as media officer or communications officer or any other related positions
• Possessing a good understanding of issues confronting men who have sex with men (MSM), transgender women, the LGBT community, young people and/or other marginalized groups;
• Possessing strong digital and offline marketing working experience;
• Professional experience in communication and interpersonal relationships;
• Strong organisational and programmatic skills;
• Experience working as a graphic designer;
• Sensitive to multicultural working environment;
• Fluency in managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and other related supporting applications, including their analytic platforms
• Fluency in managing and maintaining Wordpress-based website, including basic knowledge of HTML language
• Expertise on Facebook advertising, Google Adwords and other marketing channels
• Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team;
• Strong digital and offline marketing and advertising skills;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proficiency in using Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey
• Proficiency in using Google Analytics
• Knowledge of NationBuilder Platform
Language: Demonstrated high proficiency in both Thai and English (reading, writing and speaking)
Although not essential, APCOM encourages applicants from Asia and the Pacific to apply. It is strongly recommended that applicants identify as one of the key affected populations for HIV (gay man, bisexual man, MSM, transgender person and/or people living with HIV) or LGBTIQ.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
If you think you have the passion, skills and qualifications for this position and would like to join our team please prepare your application by addressing each point listed in section ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’ in the above position description/brief in your cover letter. You are required to state how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications relate to the position. It is recommended that you address each criterion separately in point form. You should use statements with examples that clearly demonstrate your competency in a particular area. Applicants who fail to demonstrate that they meet the requirements and failure to submit the concept note will not be invited to attend an interview. Please attach this application along with your CV, covering letter stating your proposed monthly rate and submit to the APCOM Secretariat by emailing JoinUs@apcom.org no later than 15 March 2020, 6:00 PM GMT+7.
The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview. Where a large number of applicants meet the essential and desirable requirements, only those applicants who most strongly meet the requirements will be selected for interview.
Please ensure that you have attached and included the following information to ensure you application is complete.
☑ CV with 3 references
☑ Application addressing each point listed in Section ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’
☑ Cover Letter (Please explain how you meet the qualifications outlined in this Terms of reference, and why you consider yourself appropriate for the role. Please include proposed monthly salary in Thai Baht)
Contact : JoinUs@apcom.org