Plan International Thailand Job Advertisement:
Regional Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research (MER) Officer
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Regional Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research (MER) Officer
Duty station: Asia Pacific Hub Office in Bangkok, Thailand or another country in Asia
This position is a locally contracted role, as such, there are no expat benefits available. A competitive salary will be paid in local currency, based on local standards, and taxes will be applicable. While there is a preference for this position to be based as the Asia Pacific Hub Office in Bangkok, Thailand, there is flexibility in terms of location, and there remains the possibility that the post holder can be based in another country within Asia.
Our programmes operate at multiple levels to advance children’s rights and tackle the root causes of discrimination, exclusion and vulnerability across key areas, including health, education, livelihoods, disaster risk management and protection.
- Provide MER support to the regional programme teams and country offices as needed to ensure high quality information and evidence generated through advocacy, media and campaign work are systematically recorded and reported
- Provide support to the regional programme teams and country offices in preparing the annual report and conduct data quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Assist in the development and preparation of research and evaluation Terms of Reference (ToR), MER tools, programmatic reports, research papers, publications, etc.
- Support the coordination of regional researches and evaluations including to the regional flagships initiative
- Collect, analyses, and disseminate data, lessons learned, success stories, analysis, achievements, and case studies internally to promote a culture of learning and use of evidence in programmatic decision making
- Conduct desk research, qualitative and quantitative analysis using a range of methods and sources of data as assigned by supervisor
- Support regional thematic leads (e.g. child protection, gender and inclusion, communications and civil society strengthening) to implementation regional influencing initiatives as needed
- Collaborate with the Global Hub MER team on MER policies, standards, tools and guidance as needed
- Any other tasks related to MER work assigned by supervisor
- Complies with corporate policies and standards: Child Protection Policy, IT Policy, Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy, Confidentiality Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing, HR Policies and Procedures.
Qualifications and experience
- A University degree in social science, international relations, development studies, or related fields
- A minimum of one year working in the field of humanitarian affairs or international development, including experience working on research and/or M&E
- Experience of having designed research tools and conducted qualitative and quantitative analysis using SPSS, Excel, Word and/or NVivo required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation required
- Knowledge of the political and socio-economic dynamics of Asia required
- Ability to deliver to tight deadline with minimum supervision
- Able to make judgments and execute work autonomously
- Comfortable working in multiple different cultural contexts
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 29 March 2020
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : PREEDEE.ITTIPONG@PLAN-INTERNATIONAL.ORG
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer