The position can be located in either Bangkok to Japan.
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 280 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
About the role
This role is responsible for implementing a Japanese digital strategy. The successful candidate will use social and digital media to build and sustain engagement with key audiences, oversee social media channels, produce and upload content across digital channels, conduct reporting on the performance of digital content, and coordinate with digital campaigning colleagues internationally.
As Digital Engagement Specialist, Japan, you will be responsible for:
- Develop plans and schedules for integrated digital media campaigns
- Use online advertising tools to drive and deepen engagement for target audience
- Conduct content testing to determine which messages drive engagement
Content sourcing and creation:
- Create, source, and publish written and visual content to drive engagement and participation with target audiences, and meet other communication needs
- Liaise with translators and authors as required
- Assist and advise campaign partners on digital marketing activities
Social listening and analysis:
- Undertake social listening and data analysis on behalf of the campaign
- Suggest messaging recommendations based on the outcomes of this research
Experience and competencies
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience working in communication or marketing
- Knowledge of trends in the use of digital tools to engage key audiences
- Basic graphic design and writing skills
- Native Japanese speaker, and good understanding of English. Other Asian languages a plus
- Willingness to learn
- A team player and a natural collaborator with high levels of self-motivation and a passion for excellence
- Willingness and ability to travel and work unusual hours from time to time, due to challenges of being part of a global team
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, etc.
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to climate and energy issues
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with ambition and a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself
- A full-time consultancy contract for one year, with view to renew subject to funding
Bangkok or Tokyo are preferable, but the location is flexible. Co-location with colleagues depends on location, some domestic and international travel required. We will not provide support for relocation.
As soon as possible
How to apply
To apply, please upload below your CV (English, max. 2 pages) and a one page cover letter addressing the job criteria and your earliest availability, as well as fees.
The deadline for applications is Friday 10th April 2020. Early applications are encouraged. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultant