Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. SOLICITATION NO.: USAID 72048620R10031
2. ISSUANCE DATE: May 19, 2020
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: June 1, 2020/11:59PM Bangkok, Thailand local time
4. POSITION TITLE: REO Development Program Specialist (Budget)
5. MARKET VALUE: THB 943,379 – 1,650,920 per annum equivalent to FSN-10
In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/RDMA. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Five (5) years initial contract.The services provided under this contract are expected to be of a continuing nature that will be executed by USAID through a series of sequential contracts, subject to continued need of the position and availability of funds.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: USAID/RDMA, Bangkok, Thailand
8. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: The successful candidate shall be required to obtain a Security Certification for Employment from Regional Security Office.
9. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
9.1. General Statement of Purpose of the Contract
The Development Program Specialist (Budget) serves as a member of the Regional Environment Office (REO), USAID/RDMA and leads a full range of financial management, budget formulation and development, and procurement tracking/planning management services critical to achieving the RDMA’s Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS). S/he will report to the Development Assistance Specialist, but may be called upon to provide analyses and recommendations to the REO Director and Deputy Director regarding budget and procurement issues. S/he will work closely with other REO staff, the Program Office (PRO), the Regional Office of Financial Management (ROFM), the Regional Office of Acquisition and Assistance (ROAA), the Regional Legal Office (RLO) and the Regional Executive Office (REXO) on matters pertaining to budget planning, financial management, and procurement.
9.2 Statement of Duties to be Performed
A. BUDGET/FINANCIAL FORMULATION AND MANAGEMENT: 50%
B. PROCURMENT PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT: 50%
The contractor is eligible for temporary duty (TDY) travel to the U.S., or to other Missions abroad, to participate in the "Foreign Service National" Fellowship Program, in accordance with USAID policy.
9.3. Supervisory Relationship
This position reports to the Development Assistance Specialist or his/her designee.
9.4. Supervisory Controls
Full supervision of other USAID staff is not contemplated.
10. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: This position is open to Cooperating Country National (CCN). Thai citizen or other country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent Thai residence is eligible to apply. Please note that USAID is not able to sponsor candidates for a Thai residency permit.
11. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.
12. POINT OF CONTACT: Natthika Changprasert/RDMA HR Assistant
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
1. Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Arts.
2. Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the field of program/project management, procurement, budget and/or finance is required. At least three years of this experience must be with a large organization.
3. Language: Level IV – Fluent in speaking/reading/writing in Thai and English with a valid TOEIC score of 855 is required.
III. EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS
1. Experience (30 points): Additional points will be given for experience with international development organizations, for experience beyond the minimum five years, and for specialized experience in budgeting for projects and programs.
2. Knowledge (30 points):
Demonstrated knowledge of how to plan, track and manage financial, budget and procurement needs of a large operational unit;
Demonstrated knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of budgeting for development-related activities.
3. Skills and Abilities (40 points):
To be considered for candidacy, applicants must address each criterion in their application as to how they meet the minimum qualifications required for the position mentioned in Section II, Item 1-2. If the application submitted fails to demonstrate eligibility, the application will be marked unqualified. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide all pertinent information.
Applications will be initially screened and scored in accordance evaluation factors and points mentioned in Section III, item 1-4. Shortlisted candidates will be given a recruitment test. Applicants with passing marks from the recruitment test and with a valid TOEIC score mentioned in Section II, item 3 will be invited for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates for final interview will be notified of the selection result. The recruitment test and the interview will be structured around the evaluation factors mentioned above. The successful candidate will be selected based on a review of his/her qualifications, work experience, knowledge, skills and abilities; a written test; an interview; and the results of reference checks. References may be obtained independently from other sources in addition to the ones provided by an applicant.
IV. TO APPLY
Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/jobs/usaid-job-vacancies/ carefully and submit complete application package before the deadline.
Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
Contact : RDMArecruitment@usaid.gov