TITLE: Digital Manager (Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand cluster)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Advocacy, Communications, Campaigns and Media (ACCM)
LOCATION: Bangkok (with regional travel)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
The Digital Manager Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand cluster (MST) will lead a small Bangkok based team responsible for supporting our digital strategy across three Save the Children country programme offices – Myanmar, Thailand and Sri Lanka. Reporting directly to the Director of Advocacy, Communications, Campaigns and Media (MST cluster), this role will work closely with country office teams to design and implement effective digital strategies to:
- Create effective digital platforms capable of supporting the delivery of our influencing agenda.
- Support projects that connect public audiences to our work through effective digital engagement and mobilisation of audiences.
- Support the digitization of programmatic content to help disperse knowledge and information – and to help bring about behavioural shifts that will improve the lives and uphold the rights of children.
- Develop and deliver campaigns across our digital platforms through the planning, collection and production of multimedia products, with a focus on common issues across MST to ensure cross country learning and collaboration.
They will do the above in line with Country strategic priorities, agreed MST Cluster priorities – and where possible, in line with regional/global campaigns. They will also support country office’s ability to plan, create and report on the effectiveness of digital content.
The role holder will be a digital superstar who understands the latest digital trends engaging audiences across the region. They will be able to take their knowledge and work with country office digital teams to make Save the Children the leading digital voice in our markets, capable of influencing positive change for children. The role holder will also have broader experience delivering marketing and communications strategies to build brand awareness – and ideally experience working for sectors that utilise communications for development.
The role will eventually plan and execute several digital content collection visits to all three countries to build engaging content which drives the digital component of priority campaigns. They will also build capacity within country office teams, support digital marketing strategies and produce regular reports on our digital performance using social listening and social media analytics.
NOTE: For a number of months, this post will be largely focused on delivering and leading the Communications, Campaigns and Media strategy for our Thailand country office to increase Save the Children’s visibility with donors and the general public – and to deliver effective support to our programmes team. This may impact the role holder’s ability to maintain all the activities listed in the JD below.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: Advocacy, Communications, Campaigns and Media Director, Myanmar-Sri Lanka-Thailand cluster. Dotted line to National Director (Thailand) for first 6 months.
Staff reporting to this post: Digital Content Officer
Budget Responsibilities: May manage a small digital marketing (boosting) budget as well as social listening/analytics accounts.
Scope of role: Regular contact with campaign and communications staff in three country offices. allied organizations, local campaigners and activists, and Save the Children staff from global, member and regional teams.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Support the design and delivery of Save the Children's priority campaigns in Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand, including collection, development and co-ordination of digital content across all social media channels.
- Work alongside the ACCM Director, creative agency partners and potential donors to deliver SHIFT digital campaign accelerator across all MST countries.
- Support ACCM Director and country teams to identify common issues across MST cluster for potential cross country campaigning.
- Develop engaging digital content ideas to support campaigns
- Support local teams to utilise global resources (e.g. content), ensuring localisation of products.
- Support ‘Reactive Campaigning’ in response to new incidents and events as required, in line with global and regional guidance with a focus on priority issues.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for digital components of campaigns and ensure that implementation and impact are effectively monitored and evaluated, and lessons documented and shared.
- Lead on developing relevant risk analyses for digital campaign strategies and initiatives as appropriate
Communications Content Production
- Lead the development and design of engaging, digital content across all three country offices to support priority campaigns.
- Plan and execute content collection visits to country offices to support major digital campaigns in line with either country office priorities, or those linking with global campaign priorities.
- Request multimedia content from country teams to support digital channels.
- Support country offices to develop their own regular digital content and posting strategy. Set growth and performance targets with each country office and conduct regular analysis.
- Build the capacity of country office teams to maximize the effectiveness of digital platforms for campaign purposes.
Digital Strategy Management
- Develop brief digital sign off procedures with each country office. E.g. how many posts per week on which platforms. Who signs off on content?
- Support country office digital leads to develop a digital marketing strategy to achieve significant audience growth across key digital channels
- Work with local digital teams to develop regular reporting on digital performance using platform analytics. Develop performance targets and produce monthly reports to ACCM (MST) Director.
- Establish and manage social listening across all three markets, focusing on increasing opportunities to speak out on priority issues – and as an early warning mechanism to manage risks.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds oneself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- At least 5 years’ experience in communications, campaigning, digital marketing and production, communications, social media management, media engagement - or any closely related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience designing and implementing digital marketing and communications campaigns.
- Experience leading the development of communication and marketing strategies which build public profile and visibility
- Experience working on human rights, development or social justice issues
- Experience creating or planning multimedia content across various platforms.
- Experience working with or alongside creative marketing agencies
- Excellent personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience leading small teams
- Commitment to the human rights of all people, regardless of their background, with an action-oriented attitude towards influencing change.
- Good coordination and network management skills
- Experience in co-creation or development of campaigns through human centred design techniques.
- Innovation champion
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and oral
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in challenging environments
- Practical creative skills such as photography, design, videography, writing, illustrator, animation etc.
- Experience working across Thailand, Myanmar or Sri Lanka.
Additional job responsibilities:
Over the first six months, the role will play a leading role supporting our Thailand office to develop and implement an effective Communications, Campaigns and Media strategy. This may require a reduction of activities outlined in the JD.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top Up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : HR; 02 684 1286-88 ext.608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developerเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerกราฟิก / Computer Graphicนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager